Image Manager and Editor caching deleted images

•  10-25-2005, 1:11 PM

Image Manager and Editor caching deleted images

Hi All -

It looks like the preview window in the Image Manager and the content area for the Editor are holding on to deleted images.  Specifically, I upload file image001.jpg and insert it into my page.  I then decide I want a different image001.jpg so I delete the first one that has been uploaded and I upload the new one.  The Image Manager preview still shows the old image.  Also, the Editor still shows the old image even after I reload the page with the Editor.  I checked the actual file on the server and it is the new image.  If I view my page in its published format, the correct image displays.  After viewing the image there, if I go back into the Image Manager and the Editor, both show the correct image.

Has any one else had this problem?  The demo on the website cannot be used to replicate this problem because the demo does not allow file delete or rename actions.  I have a couple thoughts of how to fix this, but I am hoping that someone else may have already fixed this and would be willing to share their solution to save me some time :)

Thanks!

-al

View Complete Thread