Question about functionality before I purchase.

•  09-27-2005, 12:30 PM

Question about functionality before I purchase.

Can someone comment on the following for me:

How easy is the integration of the editor with SQL Server?  The text in the TEXTAREA?  The images to the database.  Am I going to struggle with it like I am FreeTextBox.(I have a source code license to that.)

Can the custom dialogs for Insert Link, Insert Image etc., etc. be modified?  My users are car mechanics and service technicians.  CssClass and other such properties will only confuse the hell out of them. 

Can I add a databound drop down list to the toolbars that is bound to my ASP.NET 2.0 ObjectDataSource?

Can I modify the items in the drop downs that are natively provided so that I can remove the size 7 reference in the Size drop down?

Can cut and paste be controlled from the client?  I need to be able to turn off HTML insert so that excel files don't get copied to the messages this editor will be responsible for creating.

I've had a bad experience this past week with FreeTextBox thinking that it was the right control for our needs.  If this control does the above and works on ASP.NET 2.0 Beta 2, I'll be inclined to buy it. 

Thanks in advance.
    Derek Licciardi
    Development Manager
    e-pulsetrak.com

ps Can I buy a source code license?  Is it worth it or are the conventions in the source code prohibitive to extension?

View Complete Thread