Re: Paragraph/BR/Div bug

•  09-12-2005, 4:16 PM

Re: Paragraph/BR/Div bug

But if I have a long paragraph and I want to break it up into multiple paragraphs how can I do this?

Here is the scenario:
    The user wants to paste in some text from a word editor or something. We have it set to strip and just paste as plain text. So then, then want to do the formatting within the editor, like create paragraphs, headings that are centered etc. With the textbox functioning the way ti currently does, the whole body of text that they paste in initially is one single DIV, so any editing they do just creates breaks within that div. So if they have a heading in there that they want to center, they can't because if they select just the line they want centered and click the center button, it just centers the whole body of text that they pasted in.

If I place the cursor in the middle of a div tag and press enter, and my break function is set to DIV shouldn't it close the current div I am in, and insert a new opening div tag where my cursor is? If I wanted a BR tag I could press Shift+Enter right?
    Thanks,
    Josh
View Complete Thread