Issues with EditorWysiwygModeCss

Last post 11-17-2016, 8:55 AM by guptep. 17 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-03-2016, 12:19 PM 85213

Issues with EditorWysiwygModeCss

We have the latest cute editor version that is compatible with IE 11 edge mode. We are using EditorWysiwygModeCss to use our custom Stylesheet for the editor but the styles from the stylesheet do not seem to be picked. It seems like it is falling back to the inbuilt cute editor styles.
    This is how we are using it - 
    <%@ Register assembly="CuteEditor" namespace="CuteEditor" tagprefix="CE" %> <%@ Register assembly="CuteEditor" namespace="CuteEditor" tagprefix="CE" %><%@ Register assembly="CuteEditor" namespace="CuteEditor" tagprefix="CE" %>

<CE:Editor ID="cuteEditor" runat="server" ThemeType="Office2003" AllowPasteHtml="False" 
                    BreakElement="P" EditorWysiwygModeCss="~/Includes/CuteEditorStyles.css" ShowDecreaseButton="False"                 
                    ShowEnlargeButton="False" Width="100%" UseHTMLEntities="False" ShowPreviewMode="False"  Height="100%" EnableObjectResizing="False" RemoveTBODYTag="True" ShowBottomBar="False" EnableContextMenuFormat="False" EnableContextMenuInsert="False" EnableContextMenuInsertAdvanced="False" EnableContextMenuInsertFiles="False" EnableContextMenuInsertForms="False" EnableContextMenuRelative="False" EnableContextMenuTags="False" EnableContextMenuVerbs="False" ShowCodeViewToolBar="False" ShowHtmlMode="False">            
                </CE:Editor>
    Are there any known issues with EditorWysiwygModeCss in IE11 edge mode?

Also we have some issues with the CE tag. It says Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter CE. This is how we are using it -

<%@ Register Assembly="CuteEditor" Namespace="CuteEditor" TagPrefix="CE" %>.

Thanks,
    Priyanka
  •  11-07-2016, 8:27 AM 85216 in reply to 85213

Re: Issues with EditorWysiwygModeCss

HI,

Does it works on other browser? And does the online demo 

http://cutesoft.net/example/Using-External-Style-Sheets.aspx  gets the same issue on your browser too?

Regards,

Ken 

•  11-07-2016, 9:34 AM 85217 in reply to 85216

Hello,

In addition to the IE 11 edge mode, we also tried it in chrome browser. It is not working on either of the browsers.

I am able to see the background image in your demo page in both IE 11 edge and chrome - http://cutesoft.net/example/Using-External-Style-Sheets.aspx.

Thanks,

Priyanka 

•  11-07-2016, 5:18 PM 85220 in reply to 85217

Hi,

If the online demo works on your IE, that means it is not the issue of the editor, I think it just a site setting limitation of your site. Can you download the demo from  http://cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/21904/download.aspx and deploy it as a separate web site to test this? Does it still gets the same issue?

Regards,

Ken 

•  11-08-2016, 8:08 AM 85221 in reply to 85220

Hi,

Due to company policies, we cannot just download anything new unless we get an approval which could take weeks.

Does the css attribute work with the newest version of cute editor? Is there a different way to use that attribute?

Also the other issue we are facing since upgrading to the latest cute editor version is with the CE tag. 

It says Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter CE. This is how we are using it -

<%@ Register Assembly="CuteEditor" Namespace="CuteEditor" TagPrefix="CE" %>.

Would that be the reason why it is not recognizing certain attributes? Have you seen similar issues with the unrecognized tag prefix  or the css before?  

Thanks,

Priyanka 

•  11-08-2016, 8:48 AM 85222 in reply to 85221

Please create a new page with the code below, does it still gets the same not recognizing issue?

1. <%@ Page Language="C#" %>  
    3. <%@ Register Assembly="CuteEditor" Namespace="CuteEditor" TagPrefix="CE" %>  
    4. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">  
    5. <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
    6. <head id="Head1" runat="server">  
    7.     <title>Untitled Page</title>  
    8. </head>  
    9. <body>  
    10.     <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    11.         <CE:Editor ID="editor1" runat="server">  
    12.         </CE:Editor>  
    13.     </form>  
    14. </body>  
    15. </html>  

Regards,

Ken 

•  11-08-2016, 9:18 AM 85223 in reply to 85222

Yes, the CuteEditorTest page that I sent is a new page. It is still getting unrecognized tag prefix for CE.

Thanks,

Priyanka 

•  11-08-2016, 1:53 PM 85224 in reply to 85223

Can you post a screenshot to show the full error details?
  •  11-09-2016, 7:31 AM 85225 in reply to 85224

Hi,

As in the screen shot below, you can see there is an underline for CE. If we hover over that, then we get unrecognized tag prefix or device filter CE.

We have this at the top of the page, so I am not sure why it is not able to recognize CE -

As for the stylesheet issue, we are not seeing any errors. It just doesn't seem to pick up styles from our external stylesheet inspite of adding EditorWysiwygModeCss.

Thanks,

Priyanka 

•  11-09-2016, 10:23 AM 85226 in reply to 85225

Hi,

1. I did not see any screenshot.

2. Try the style below in your stylesheet, does it works with editor?

1. body {  
    2.     background-color:red;  
    3. }  

Regards,

Ken 

•  11-09-2016, 11:45 AM 85227 in reply to 85226

1. Sorry I did not realize that the screen shot got deleted. I will email it to you.

2.  I tried this and it seems to work. The cute editor background changes to red when in both read only and editable mode. 

1. body {  
    2.     background-color:red;  

But when we add it like this, it does not seem to work - 

Editor { 

background-color: blue; 

}

Thanks,

Priyanka 

•  11-09-2016, 3:41 PM 85228 in reply to 85227

What is the code below use for? It is not use for class not use for target, I reallyl do not know why you use the style like that.

Editor { 

}

•  11-10-2016, 8:31 AM 85230 in reply to 85228

I am not sure why it was done this way but it somehow seemed to have worked in the past. We were mainly using it to set the editor height. Backgound color of blue is just something I added now to make it stand out to see if styles from Editor are being applied.

}

I tried using it in different ways by calling it .Editor and then using the class ="Editor". But it does not seem to work.

Thanks,

Priyanka 

Editor

{

height:100%; 

width: 98%; 

padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; 

overflow: auto;

line-height: 1.5em;

•  11-10-2016, 2:45 PM 85232 in reply to 85230

You using this property in the wrong way.

This setting use to  change the editor content style when edting them.  and it apply for the html target or with or without the class setting. it alos use to custom the css class dropdown list of the editor, more details please refer to http://cutesoft.net/developer+guide/scr/Class_dropdown_Customization.htm

for example, if you have the style setting below in the stylesheet, then you can use <div class="myColor">content</div> in the editor to make it use color blue. this is how the html class property work.

.myColor

{

}

Regards,

Ken 

•  11-15-2016, 2:27 PM 85239 in reply to 85232

Hi,

So the root of our problems seem to be the fact that CuteEditor_OnInitialized and CuteEditor_OnCommand events are not firing automatically. We have a function that uses the style like this - cuteEditorDoc.body.className = 'Editor';  and that function is called by the CuteEditor_OnInitialized function and is not getting fired. That is why the editor style was not getting applied.

Thanks,

Priyanka 

•  11-15-2016, 3:05 PM 85244 in reply to 85239

Please create an example page by the code below, does the api fire correct?

1. <%@ Page Language="C#" %>  
    3. <%@ Register Assembly="CuteEditor" Namespace="CuteEditor" TagPrefix="CE" %>  
    4. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">  
    5. <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
    6. <head id="Head1" runat="server">  
    7.     <title>Untitled Page</title>  
    8. </head>  
    9. <body>  
    10.     <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    11.        <CE:Editor ID="cuteEditor" runat="server">   
    12.         </CE:Editor>  
    13.     </form>  
    14. </body>  
    15. </html>  
    16. <script type="text/javascript">  
    17. function CuteEditor_OnInitialized(editor)  
    18. {  
    19.     alert("Editor loads complete!");  
    20. }  
    22. function CuteEditor_OnCommand(editor,command,ui,value)  
    23.  {  
    24.     alert("command "+command+" fire!");  
    25. }  
    27. </script>  

Regards,

ken 

•  11-16-2016, 7:54 AM 85245 in reply to 85244

Hi,

The events fire correctly if everything is implemented on a page. But if we use a user control on an aspx page and put Cute editor on the user control then the events do not seem to fire.

I have an example of this. I will send it over to you. You will be able to recreate this issue with the standalone project that I will be emailing for the pasting issue.

Thanks,

Priyanka 

•  11-17-2016, 8:55 AM 85249 in reply to 85245

Moving CuteEditor_OnInitialized and CuteEditor_OnCommand functions to the bottom of the user control fixed this issue. You can close this ticket.

Thanks,

Priyanka 

View as RSS news feed in XML