Small text when Printing from Preview

Last post 10-17-2013, 12:53 PM by CTietgen. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-10-2013, 12:40 PM 78092

Small text when Printing from Preview

When I print the text from the Preview window, the text becomes much smaller than what it really is. Why is that? I would really like to offer our customers a way to print their documents to ensure they look right, but the small text makes this impossible.
  •  10-10-2013, 3:21 PM 78096 in reply to 78092

Re: Small text when Printing from Preview

Hi CTietgen,

I got the same size from the preview dialog. Can you try on http://cutesoft.net/asp/EnableAll.asp? Does the demo gets the same probelm? If yes, can you show me what html content you are testing with editor?

Regards,

Ken 

•  10-10-2013, 4:00 PM 78098 in reply to 78096

Sorry, I think I didn't explain it well.

The Print Preview looks fine, but when I press the Print button in the lower left of the Preview window (shown in your screenshot), the text comes out tiny.

The odd part is that when I use the Print button from the Print Preview screen on my system I get just the document (with small text), but when I tried the online demo you provided, the printout contains the Print button, the Width and Height fields and the Cancel button, along with a header line which contains the date and page name.

•  10-11-2013, 12:58 PM 78105 in reply to 78098

Hi CTietgen,

Can you send a screenshot to show how it looks like on your end?

Regards,

Ken 

•  10-11-2013, 1:58 PM 78110 in reply to 78105

Ken,

It's not the on-screen print that's the issue. The editor and print preview text is the same. It's when I actually print it to paper that the font size becomes small. The base font size of the editor and preview is 3, but when it prints on paper it looks like size 1. This doesn't happen in your online demo, so i am not sure what's changed.

This doesn't happen in your online demo, so i am not sure what's chIf you like, I could zip up my project and attach it or email it to you?

We are using the editor to allow our customers to edit templates for mail correspodnence. These templates are saved in the database and then we generate PDF's using the saved HTML. This works perfectly on our test server and the editor, print preview and finale PDF all have the correct font size. It's just the actual printing from the print preview screen that causes the font to become smaller.

•  10-14-2013, 1:02 PM 78123 in reply to 78110

Hi CTietgen,

Please try this way. Create some test content with any font size setting in editor. Copy the html content and save it as a separate html page manually. Open this page on browser and  use the print option of your browser to print the content. Does the font size looks correct? If not, that means it is not the editor issue, you should check your browser/printer about this issue.

Regards,

Ken 

•  10-15-2013, 7:05 PM 78130 in reply to 78123

Ken,

I tried what you suggested and when I print the content, the font size is correct. If you like, I can zip up my sample and email it to you.

Also, when I used the print button on the preview popup, two pages were printed even though there's only one. 

Chris

•  10-16-2013, 1:04 PM 78131 in reply to 78130

Hi CTietgen,

Yes, please send your test project to Kenneth@CuteSoft.net. I will check it.

Regards,

Ken 

•  10-17-2013, 12:53 PM 78135 in reply to 78131

I have emailed it to you, thanks.
View as RSS news feed in XML