Few peculiarities and bugs with RTE for net_vb

Last post 04-10-2013, 11:05 PM by ederkley. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-11-2013, 5:31 AM 76625

Few peculiarities and bugs with RTE for net_vb

Hi

I'm playing with the text editor in Visual Studio 2010 using ASP.NET framework 4 and notice a few pecularities compared with the text editor here on the support site.  I'm using IE9 in compatibility and normal modes.

1. Firstly, if have a blank editor, when I type the first character, a space is immediately inserted after it and then any additional typing happens after the space so it appears "t est".  The code view shows exactly the same. 
      Interestingly when I press the first t in the example above, the statistics immediately show 1 word and 6 characters but as soon as the control loses focus, this becomes 1 word and 2 characters.
      In CuteEditor v6.6, a space was always added to the end of the content when it was saved and I'm wondering if this is trying to do the same thing dynamically but not moving the cursor back before any further typing?
    2. If you set "initialfullscreen : true" in the config.js file, when the editor is loaded it triggers the TextChanged javascript event.  This also happens if you don't start in full-screen and then press F12.
    3. Really miss having CTRL-left arrow and CTRL-right arrow to navigate!
    4. I just found entering this that if you have an ordered list like this one and select just this last line and then press the ordered list button you would expect it to only change the currently selected list item back to a normal paragraph but instead it removes the ordered list from all list items, not just the selected one.

Hoping some of these items can be resolved as while there are a number of great new features that we'd love to start using, there are still too many bugs and missing basic features to fix.

Cheers 

•  01-11-2013, 12:23 PM 76627 in reply to 76625

Re: Few peculiarities and bugs with RTE for net_vb

Hi ederkley,

Issue 1

I can not reproduce this issue on http://www.richtexteditor.com/demo/, I tested on IE 9.0.8112.16421. I just cleand the content of editor and focus at first line to start typing. The string shows as "test" not "t est". I have tried type the second character delay, works too.

Issue 2

I can report this isssue, I will report it to the development team to check it.

Issue 3

I will write this requirement down and report ot the development team.

Issue 4

We will improve this behaviro to match this requirement in next pacth. 

Regards,

Ken 

•  01-11-2013, 10:22 PM 76632 in reply to 76627

Regarding issue 3: that's something I reported back in October 2012.

http://cutesoft.net/forums/thread/74826.aspx
  •  01-13-2013, 9:38 PM 76634 in reply to 76627

Further to issue 1 - I have identified the issue was caused by the wrong DocType header on the aspx page.

I had

<! DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

instead of:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Once I changed that over, the initial space did not appear after the first letter and changing it back again revealed this issue. 

Thanks

•  02-21-2013, 2:01 PM 76901 in reply to 76625

Hi,

If you set "initialfullscreen : true" in the config.js file, when the editor is loaded it triggers the TextChanged javascript event.  This also happens if you don't start in full-screen and then press F12.

I just found entering this that if you have an ordered list like this one and select just this last line and then press the ordered list button you would expect it to only change the currently selected list item back to a normal paragraph but instead it removes the ordered list from all list items, not just the selected one.

we have fixed the issues above, please download the latest build and try agian.

Latest build download url:  http://www.richtexteditor.com/download/richtexteditor.rar

Regards

Ken 

•  02-26-2013, 11:46 PM 76928 in reply to 76901

Hi Ken

The new version is looking good - I've got it working almost exactly how we want in our dev environment.

The only outstanding issue that really prevents me from wanting to deploy this is the inability to use CTRL-left arrow and CTRL-right arrow to navigate by word.  This is such a fundamental navigation technique that I know everyone misses it in this editor.

Related to that, I noticed in the demo editor that if you are in the middle cell of the table and use the CTRL-arrows, they insert a new column in the direction you select.  Not sure if that is intended but would certainly further confuse people trying to navigate...

Regards

Evahn

•  03-15-2013, 1:18 AM 77044 in reply to 76928

Evahn,

We have update RTE for the CTRL+Left/Right

Now RTE use ALT+Up/Down/Left/Right to insert rows/columns. 

Please test the last version in http://richtexteditor.com/demo/ 

Regards,
    Terry 

•  04-10-2013, 11:05 PM 77208 in reply to 77044

The new version works fine with CTRL+Left/Right so thanks heaps for that.

I note that CTRL+Up/Down is the same as ALT+Up/Down in that it adds a blank line at the top or bottom of the document respectively; it might be worthwhile also changing CTRL+Up/Down to similar to MS Word navigation where it moves to previous/next paragraph. Alternatively, it could be equivalent to just up/down, or pageup/page down, or top of doc/bottom of doc etc.  However this is not critical for us as I don't belive that CTRL+Up/Down is not used as much in navigation.

View as RSS news feed in XML