Automatically selects an extra space along with the text selected by user - Issue with IE8 Windows XP

Last post 10-30-2012, 8:23 AM by BiswajitMajumdar. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-29-2012, 2:51 AM 75085

Automatically selects an extra space along with the text selected by user - Issue with IE8 Windows XP

PROBLEM

On selecting header text of a paragraph (using mouse) on IE8 Windows XP browser selects the extra space along with the text selected by
    user.

STEPS :

Consider the previous paragraph.

Try and select "PROBLEM" above with mouse.

Note that an extra space gets selected.

This issue is not on Firefox and Safari browser.

Filed under:
  •  10-29-2012, 7:02 AM 75088 in reply to 75085

Re: Automatically selects an extra space along with the text selected by user - Issue with IE8 Windows XP

hi BiswajitMajumdar,

I can not reproduce this issue, can you attach a screenshot to show how it looks like?

Regards,

Ken 

•  10-29-2012, 8:10 AM 75097 in reply to 75088

Re: Automatically selects an extra space along with the text selected by user - Issue with IE8 Windows XP

Hi Ken,

I have attached the screenshot here and provided the demo content below.

Try selecting "1. Introduction"  with mouse. An extra space gets selected on IE8.

Regards,

Biswajit Majumdar

Demo Content :

1. Introduction

Formamides are derivatives of the smallest of the aliphatic carboxylic acids, formTableic acid, and are thus structurally and chemically rather straightforward substances. Two of the simplest members of the family—formamide itself [75-12-7], HCONH2, and N,N-dimethylformamide [68-12-2], HCON(CH3)2—have considerable industrial importance because of their chemical bifunctionality and high polarity. Formamide is especially valued for its chemical reactivity; N,N-dimethylformamide is used widely for its solvent properties.

Filed under:
  •  10-30-2012, 7:28 AM 75107 in reply to 75097

Hi BiswajitMajumdar,

Yes, I got the same behavior too, will report it to the  development team, once problem is fixed, I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Ken 

•  10-30-2012, 8:23 AM 75111 in reply to 75107

Thanx
View as RSS news feed in XML