Temp Files Not Found When Deployed to Load Balanced Server

Last post 07-26-2012, 10:17 AM by mediakitchen. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-26-2012, 2:55 AM 74254

Temp Files Not Found When Deployed to Load Balanced Server

I am fairly sure the issue I am experiencing getting the demos to run on my server is due to the server being a load balanced linux server.

The error I get when running the demos occurs once the progress indicator gets to 100% and is as follows:

Unable to find file de604f2a-e96f-c0bc-3cda-56ac3ce1b27b in /tmp/uploadertemp

Hopefully you have encountered this problem before and have a solution for dealing with load balanced servers as it would I would prefer not to have to switch to a different hosting package.

I have emailed support with the FTP details of my site in the event that this will help them deal with the problem. 
  •  07-26-2012, 9:00 AM 74268 in reply to 74254

Re: Temp Files Not Found When Deployed to Load Balanced Server

Hi mediakitchen,

In web farm environments, the TempDirectory that you specify must map to a central location, which is saved to by all servers in the farm. This can be done using a virtual directory that maps to a common shared folder on the network.  

What I mean the TempDirectory setting is

$uploader->TempDirectory="/temp";

Regards,

Ken 
  •  07-26-2012, 10:17 AM 74275 in reply to 74268

Re: Temp Files Not Found When Deployed to Load Balanced Server

Thanks Ken for the reply

Unfortunately I am still having problems with this. It is definitely related to the balanced web server as I set up just a standard linux hosting account and the demo file works fine.

The hosting company insisted it should work fine with just the "/tmp" folder but my tests do not back this up.

This is what I added: 

$uploader->TempDirectory="/tmp";

Curious as to how a standard upload script works fine on the balanced server but the php file uploader doesn't.

I may have to move my clients site to a standard server in order to use your script but would prefer to keep it on the balanced server.

View as RSS news feed in XML