Flash Errors?

Last post 06-22-2012, 7:49 AM by Kenneth. 14 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-07-2012, 7:20 PM 73659

Flash Errors?

Hi,

I've got one of my members having  trouble with the uploader ... getting the message:

Flash: the upload task is interupted io Error  # 2038
    He's using firefox updated to v11.0 on a iMac. He's updated Flash and Java on his machine, but no help.

It's wroknig fine for me on my machine, though it's Firefox/PC

Has anyone else experienced problems with Mac users?

Any ideas?

Thnaks!

Matt
  •  04-09-2012, 4:22 AM 73667 in reply to 73659

Re: Flash Errors?

Hi Yorkey,

I've logged it. And will report to our development team. Once issue is resolved, I will keep you posted.

If allow, please let your client install the Silverlight plug-in for the firefox browser. Then the uploader control will use the silverlight upload mode first. It should fix this error.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  04-14-2012, 6:12 PM 73691 in reply to 73667

Hi Ken

Got him to try the silverlight plugin, but no change?

Any idea how long somethnig like this might take to resolve? (ie do I need to look for another upload app in the meantime?)

Thanks

Matt

•  04-16-2012, 7:13 AM 73694 in reply to 73691

Hi Matt,

The silverlight upload mode will not get the "Flash: the upload task is interupted io Error  # 2038 ".

If still get the same error, it means that he install the silverlight plug-in not correct or you set the UploadType to Flash mode for the upload control.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  05-30-2012, 5:12 PM 73795 in reply to 73694

Thanks Ken, but now you've lost me?

How am i supposed to set the mode to silverlight, or flash for that matter? 

I have the basic 'render' script on the page, and the include files as provided ...  has something changed?

Is it supposed to be added to the render call?

If I do that, will that mean it stops working for anyone else who doesn't have silverlight? 

Thanks

Matt

•  05-31-2012, 11:50 AM 73805 in reply to 73795

Hi Yorkey,

Please try the way below, then you will never get the flash error again.

How to disable the flash upload mode by default. Please try the example below. the red code is which use to disable the flash upload mode. 

<%@  language="VBScript" %>
    <!-- #include file="aspuploader/include_aspuploader.asp" -->
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
        <title>example </title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <div>
            <form id="form1">
                <%
    Dim uploader
    Set uploader=new AspUploader
    uploader.MaxSizeKB=10240
    uploader.Name="myuploader"
    uploader.InsertText="Upload File (Max 10M)"
    uploader.MultipleFilesUpload=true
    dim htmlcode
    htmlcode=uploader.GetString()
    htmlcode=Replace(htmlcode,"onload=","AdvancedOptionNoFlash='1' onload=")
                %>
                <%=htmlcode %>
            </form>
        </div>
    </body>
    </html>

Regards,

Ken 
  •  05-31-2012, 5:51 PM 73808 in reply to 73805

Hi Ken,

Tried that and now it will only let me select one image at a time?  Tried it in both Firefox and IE ... same result. 

The guy getting the flash errors has also been having this problem since I last posted here.

Any ideas?

Matt

•  06-01-2012, 7:22 AM 73810 in reply to 73808

Hi Yorkey,

The multiple files select function needs the Silverlight or flash plug-in support.

In the method I provided, it has disable the flash upload mode, so if you need the multiple files select, then please install the silverlight(please use silverlight v4) plug-in for your browser. 

Regards,

Ken 
  •  06-01-2012, 7:21 PM 73811 in reply to 73810

Hi Ken,

That was the first thing we did the when he was having troubles ... he updated to the latest version of silverlight and got rid of the error message.

When he first installed/updated it was all good for a little while, then a few days later he was unable to select more than one image?

He's since checked he's got the latest version of both flash and silverlight, but he's stuck selecting one image only.

Fortunately I've got an older browse-select uploader he's maknig do with, but it'swearing a bit thin for him as he's got hundfreds of photos to uplaod. 

Any ideas much appeciated!

Regards

Matt

•  06-05-2012, 7:20 AM 73826 in reply to 73811

Hi Matt,

What silverlight and flash version your client using? Please let your client install the silverlight 4, not the latest version.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  06-11-2012, 3:31 PM 73871 in reply to 73826

Hi Ken,

You're right ... he's using Silverlight 5.something . Unfortunately I don't feel right telling him he has to downgrade his software to use my platform? Especially after I  just got him to upgrade it. 

What seems really strange is that I've got a couple of hundred people uploading files, but it seems this is the only guy having troubles.  (I hope!)

Anyway, I've found a couple of different uploaders to try, so I'll set those up and see if something works for him without having to change his computer around too much. I'll let you know if anything else comes to light from that.

Thanks for your assistance,

Matt
  •  06-17-2012, 9:42 PM 73917 in reply to 73871

•  06-18-2012, 3:20 AM 73920 in reply to 73917

Thanks Ken

That works fine for him ... I'll update the script on my site and let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Matt
  •  06-21-2012, 7:11 PM 73964 in reply to 73920

Hi Ken,

Unfortunately, now it won't work on my website ...

Hi Matt,  sorry it starts off OK selecting is fine , but says it has uploaded the first image ( green bar at 100% ) but the little wheel just keeps going on and on. Eventually I get the error 'Flash: The upload task is interrupted io Error #2038'. If I click OK it goes to the second with the same result. Leaving a warning triangle next to the previous file. This repeated each time I tried.

I'll set up another test ... this time exactly as it appears on your test page ... and let you know what happens!

Cheers

Matt
  •  06-22-2012, 7:49 AM 73974 in reply to 73964

Hi Yorkey,

If he got error "Flash: The upload task is interrupted io Error #2038 ", it means that he has not use the disable flash upload mode code I provided. And he has not the silverlight v4.

After disable the flash upload mode, will never get the "flash:xxx" error.

Regards,

Ken 
View as RSS news feed in XML