Insert Anchor does not work

Last post 03-15-2012, 7:59 AM by Kenneth. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-19-2011, 9:04 AM 72133

Insert Anchor does not work

Hi there,

Besides my previous question about inserting links, I've got another problem.

It seems inserting an anchor does not work correctly in CE. Not in Internet Explorer, not in Firefox.
    The positioning of the anchor is very strange, but the behaviour also.

When I open the demo (http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx) and insert an anchor named "Test" and after that I insert the link, check  and check "Select a named anchor...", it only shows anchors like #1 or #1. Even after inserting the HTML shows linking to #1, not to Test.

Can someone help me with this?

Kind regards,

Jesse

•  12-20-2011, 3:09 AM 72365 in reply to 72133

Re: Insert Anchor does not work

Hi JesseGrunn,

We can reproduce this. I've logged it. And will report to our development team. Once issue is resolved, I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  12-27-2011, 3:02 PM 72433 in reply to 72365

Great, let me know when the problem is fixed!

I've got another problem conerning insert text into the editor. When I make my own dialog for inserting a link or an anchor, the positioning of the inserted text gets mixed up.

This is het code I use:

1. function ok() {  
    2.     if (variable != null) {  
    3.         editor.PasteHTML(variable);  
    4.     }  
    5.     do_Close()  
    6. }  
    The paste position is a bit higher then the cursor position. I have to mention I am using the editor in a tabcontainer. 

•  12-27-2011, 3:03 PM 72434 in reply to 72433

This occurs in IE9, not in Firefox
  •  12-28-2011, 6:27 AM 72443 in reply to 72434

Hi JesseGrunn,

Please try demo page http://www.cutesoft.net/example/howto/AddDialogs/cs/create_a_custom_dialog.aspx , does it get the same issue on your IE 9 browser?

If the demo works for you, please check the code of the demo page and replace your code with it.

You can find the source code of the demo page in the editor download package "how to" folder.

If this issue only happens on special example code, please show me the whole example. We will check it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  12-28-2011, 10:33 AM 72446 in reply to 72443

Hi Kenneth,

In the example it works, so I copied the code and used it in my application. However, the problem still occurs.

Then I thought about the differences between the example and my application and it is that I use <br> as line break and the example uses <div>-tags as line breaks. Changing my line breaks to <div>-tags and it works without problems.

Can you tell me what the advantage is for using <div>-tags in stead of <br>-tags for line breaks?
    Does it have any disadvantages, for example for use in HTML newsletters?

•  12-28-2011, 10:38 AM 72447 in reply to 72443

Hi Kenneth,

In the example it works, so I copied the code and used it in my application. However, the problem still occurs.

Then I thought about the differences between the example and my application and it is that I use <br> as line break and the example uses <div>-tags as line breaks. Changing my line breaks to <div>-tags and it works without problems.

Can you tell me what the advantage is for using <div>-tags in stead of <br>-tags for line breaks?
    Does it have any disadvantages, for example for use in HTML newsletters?

•  12-29-2011, 6:13 AM 72456 in reply to 72447

Hi JesseGrunn,

Just the habit, not much difference.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  01-31-2012, 7:49 AM 72884 in reply to 72133

Hi JesseGrunn,

We have fixed the anchor issue, please download the latest version and try again.

Latest version downloads  http://www.cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/21904/download.aspx

Regards,

Ken 
  •  02-13-2012, 9:52 AM 73008 in reply to 72884

Thanks Kenneth!

There still is a problem with inserting anchors on the right position.
    When using carriage return and in other, hard to define circumstances, the anchor will be placed on the wrong place.

Try to type some text followed by a few Enters. Type some other text, type a few Enters and after that, pick a position and place an anchor followed by another anchor on a different position. As you (hopefully) can see, the anchor is or the anchors are placed on the wrong position.

I've tested this with IE9.

•  03-15-2012, 7:59 AM 73465 in reply to 73008

Hi JesseGrunn,

I can not reproduce this issue on demo page  http://cutesoft.net/example/oncarriagereturn.aspx. Below are my steps. If my steps is wrong please correct me.

Regards,

Ken 
View as RSS news feed in XML