Error: Unknown result

Last post 10-31-2011, 7:16 AM by Kenneth. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-28-2011, 3:32 AM 70545

Error: Unknown result

When trying to upload a file, we sometimes get the following error:

Unknown result: 
    <script type='text/javascript'>if(window.parent.CurrentUpload)window.parent.CurrentUpload.UploadError('PageID_30_ControlID_7_fudForumProfile_wsUserDetails_txtForumAvatar_UploadPersistedFile1Image_1319788925232_1','Object reference not set to an instance of an object.','')</script>

What might cause this, and how can I prevent it?

Regards, Marja
  •  10-28-2011, 5:24 AM 70546 in reply to 70545

Re: Error: Unknown result

The upload seems to happen... the progress bar fills up, but then the error occurs. And it seems to happen just before the OnFileUploaded event is triggered, because that doesn't fire once the error has occurred.

My code:

<CuteWebUI:UploadPersistedFile ID="UploadPersistedFile1" DirtyText="<%$ Resources:wsGeneral, langUploadFileNotSaved %>" InsertText="<%$ Resources:wsGeneral, langSelectFile %>" OnFileUploaded="AjaxUploader_FileUploaded" AutoUseSystemTempFolder="false" TempDirectory="~/sysfiles/TempAjaxUploader/" ItemTextTemplate="<br/>{0} {1} ({2})" runat="server">
    </CuteWebUI:UploadPersistedFile>

The DLL I'm using is CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.dll version 3.0.0.0 with file description "AjaxUploader 3.0.20110321".

Regards, Marja
  •  10-28-2011, 7:28 AM 70552 in reply to 70546

Hi MarjaR,

Can you create a page by the code below? Does it get the same problem?

<%@ Page Language="C#" Title="Customize the queue UI" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="CuteWebUI" Namespace="CuteWebUI" Assembly="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader" %>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head id="Head1" runat="server">
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="Form1" runat="server">
            <CuteWebUI:Uploader ID="uploader1" runat="server">
            </CuteWebUI:Uploader>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>

If so, please post the uploader page url above, so we can check it for you.

Regards,

Ken
  •  10-28-2011, 8:29 AM 70553 in reply to 70552

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your reply.
    No, a test page like that does not get the same problem.

Some more background information about my situation:

The CuteWebUI:UploadPersistedFile is part of a custom user control for uploading and resizing images, which is added to the page dynamically in the CreateFieldSet method of a subclass of DetailsView.

Used as just another control on a plain page, it works correctly. You can see it in action here: http://v3manual.clubwebware03.nl/uploadtest.aspx 

But when used in the DetailsView context, so dynamically added in CreateFieldSet , it's getting the error I started this forum thread about. 

But... I do not always get that error. Sometimes it works just fine. I can't put my finger on it... that's why I'm asking for help.

Regards, Marja
  •  10-31-2011, 7:16 AM 70669 in reply to 70553

Hi MarjaR ,

Can you create an example page or an user control which can reproduce this issue and send it to Kenneth@CuteSoft.net? So we can check it for you.

Regards,

Ken
View as RSS news feed in XML