Want to integerate cute chat messenger in exisiting site.

Last post 05-23-2005, 1:52 PM by cutechat. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-20-2005, 6:00 AM 6851

Want to integerate cute chat messenger in exisiting site.

Hi,

I want to integerate cute chat and cute web messenger in my exisitng site. How can i achieve this. I have a deadline to complete this project til the end of may and i am unable to do this.  Any suggestion how can i do that?/

Regards,
    Ghazala

•  05-20-2005, 3:43 PM 6866 in reply to 6851

Re: Want to integerate cute chat messenger in exisiting site.

First I think you need to tell more about what language you are planing to use? I did a custom integration in C# and it worked real well, just 1 problem with a context being null, but found a workaround and posted it here. The integration took about 2 hours.

temi
  •  05-21-2005, 3:41 AM 6874 in reply to 6866

I am also working in C# and my site database exist in sql server. I wan tto launch web messenger as soon as membes login at the site. Trying to implement it. But having problem.

Regards,
    Ghazala
  •  05-21-2005, 4:48 AM 6875 in reply to 6874

Generel it will proberly give you some problems. Not to launch a webpage, you can do that in the body.onload with a javascript, but it will proberly be blocked by popupblockers anyway. If the messenger works like the chat, then you need to implement 3 interfaces, so that you can login automaticly. The help on this site is fine on implementing the interfaces.

temi
  •  05-23-2005, 1:18 AM 6898 in reply to 6875

I followed the steps below.

1. Run the script of  SQLScripts\cutechat2.sql yo create tables in my exisitng database.
    2. Copied the cute chat dll files in my project.
    3. Copied the cutesoft_server and curesoft_client folder in my project.
    4. Then tried to open the messenger by using onLoad function.

When I run the project I get the following error.

Server Error in '/sample' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    File or assembly name CuteChatControls, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name CuteChatControls, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
    Source Error:

Line 27:     window.open('<%=CuteSoft.Chat.ChatWebUtility.ResolveResource(Context,"IM_MainForm.Aspx")%>','','status=1,width=340,height=500,resizable=1')
    Line 28:    }
    Line 29:    </script>

Source File: G:\Data\sample\public\welcome.aspx    Line: 27
    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'CuteChatControls' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = CuteChatControls
     (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///G:/Data/Sample
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: CuteChatControls
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/shadi/9a6a246a/adbb7278/CuteChatControls.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/shadi/9a6a246a/adbb7278/CuteChatControls/CuteChatControls.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///G:/Data/sample/bin/CuteChatControls.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///G:/Data/sample/bin/CuteChatControls/CuteChatControls.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/shadi/9a6a246a/adbb7278/CuteChatControls.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/shadi/9a6a246a/adbb7278/CuteChatControls/CuteChatControls.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///G:/Data/sapmle/bin/CuteChatControls.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///G:/Data/sample/bin/CuteChatControls/CuteChatControls.EXE.

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name CuteChatControls, or one of its dependencies, was not found.]
       System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +0
       CuteSoft.Chat.ConnectionStringProvider.a(UserIdentity A_0)
       CuteSoft.Chat.Impl.ServiceLayerChatApiDecorator.BeforeInvoke()
       CuteSoft.Chat.DynamicAssembly.ServiceLayerChatApiDecoratorProxy.GetConfig_InterceptedCall(String configname) +78
       CuteSoft.Chat.DynamicAssembly.WebLayerChatApiDecoratorProxy.GetConfig_InterceptedCall(String configname) +78
       CuteSoft.Chat.ChatWebUtility.GetUserAdapter()
       CuteSoft.Chat.ChatWebUtility.get_CurrentIdentity()
       CuteSoft.Chat.Impl.WebLayerChatApiDecorator.BeforeInvoke()
       CuteSoft.Chat.DynamicAssembly.WebLayerChatApiDecoratorProxy.GetConfig_InterceptedCall(String configname) +78
       CuteSoft.Chat.ChatWebUtility.get_ClientPath()
       CuteSoft.Chat.ChatWebUtility.ResolveResource(HttpContext context, String path)
       ASP.welcome_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __output, Control parameterContainer) in G:\Data\sample\public\welcome.aspx:27
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
       System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
  •  05-23-2005, 1:52 PM 6929 in reply to 6898

Gh:

You need to implement two classes

DataProvider and the UserAdapter .
    And then use the CuteChatConfig to set the class name to database .

If you need a sample , please download the CuteChat2 For DNN . 

and check the source in DotNetNuke3\Web\DesktopModules\CuteChatControls 
    Regards , Terry .
View as RSS news feed in XML