Session Timeout Errors

Last post 06-07-2011, 11:34 PM by Yorkey. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-26-2011, 6:39 PM 67699

Session Timeout Errors

I've been happily using aspuploader for a year or more, but now I'm suddenly getting the following error popup just as the upload appears complete ...

Get Error While Validating The File: Aspuploader: Session Expired

I've had a few load intermittently, but mostly I get this message. I'm loading jpg files only, all less than 300kb. We've been using a batch size of up to 100, but this is happening with single-fileuploads as well.

I haven't changed anything on the page where it's installed, so I'm guessing something must have changed on my server?

Anyone come across htis before pelase?

Thank

Matt

•  05-26-2011, 9:06 PM 67702 in reply to 67699

Re: Session Timeout Errors

Hi Yorkey,

We have fixed this issue in the previous patch. can you downolad the latest version and try again?

Latest version downloads http://cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/57265/download.aspx

More detail please refer to http://cutesoft.net/forums/thread/59086.aspx

Regards,

ken

•  05-27-2011, 6:50 PM 67705 in reply to 67702

Hi Ken

Afraid this is looking like a new/different issue ... I  installed the latest version, refreshed etc, but little change. (Possibly a slight improvement, hard to be certain)

Still getting the error message on about 20-30% of uploads in any given batch (batches of 10 images)

Batches of 2-3 produced 1 or more errors every batch

Loading the same images individually seems to work fine ... did about 20 with no errors.

This is happening in IE and Firefox . Seems a little worse in IE.

I tested the same files through the demos on the link above, and all went through OK.

Any ideas? 

Thanks

Matt

PS. FYI ... the IFrame demo wouldn't let me select more than opne image in FF

Filed under:
  •  05-29-2011, 9:29 PM 67717 in reply to 67705

Hi Yorkey,

Try add the code below into your page. it will activate the session every 6 seconds.

justablankpage.asp can be a empty test page.

function ActivateSession()
    {
        document.body.style.backgroundImage="url(justablankpage.asp?_temp"+new Date()+")"
    }
    setInterval(ActivateSession,60000)

Regards,

ken
  •  05-29-2011, 10:16 PM 67718 in reply to 67717

Hi Ken

Not a lot of difference I'm afraid. Wondering whether you meant to make the interval 6000 for 6 seconds though?

I tried dropping the interval to 6000 just in case and it  still only completed about 2 in 10 uploads without an error.

The uploads are only taking 2-4 seconds each so I dropped it to 1000 and got a few batches went through OK, but still intermittent errors, especially with larger batches.

We recently upgraded the server ... adding a whole lot more memory ... so I was expecting all this to work better. Strange?

The other thing that's strange is, only a couple of my members have reported problems ... usually any widespread issue I'll get dozens of emails but so far only two, and I know a lot of photos are being uploaded at present, though they are appear to be Mac users (Safari).

So it appears to be a PC IE/FF problem?

Thanks

Matt

Filed under:
  •  05-30-2011, 9:09 PM 67740 in reply to 67718

Hi Yorkey,

Can you reproduce this issue on your end?

If so, can you post the test page url and show me the steps to reproduce it? I will check it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ken
  •  06-02-2011, 5:25 PM 67787 in reply to 67740

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry aobut the slow response ... didn't get the notification on this one.

The original upload page is in a private members area so I've copied it across to a new one and stripped out the login/access code ... and still getting the same results ...

http://globaleyeimages.com/Members/TestUpload.asp

Just tried a couple of small batches with  Firefox, IE and Chrome, and same result every time ... some files get through, but there's always a couple that cause the error right at the end (just when you think the file has finished uploading! )

Also tried stripping it right out ... removed everything but the uploader code and the script you posted earlier ... and got the same result:

http://globaleyeimages.com/Members/TestUpload2.asp

... so I'm thinknig it might be something on the server, but where to start looking?

Thanks

Matt

•  06-07-2011, 1:01 AM 67833 in reply to 67787

Just curious ...

It looks like there's lots of people reading htis thread ... has anyone tried either of the test uploaders above?

If you can post your results it would be appreciated ...

As it is, I think I'm going to have to find a different uplaoder cause I'm getting some very grumpy members  ... is the ajax uploader likely to work any differently if I try that?

Eagerly awaiting any and all suggestions! 

Thanks

Matt

•  06-07-2011, 9:41 PM 67857 in reply to 67833

Hi Yorkey,

The most likely reason may be that the session function has been disabled on the server.

Regards,

ken

•  06-07-2011, 11:34 PM 67858 in reply to 67857

SOLVED: Session Timeout Errors

Hi Ken

Thank you thank you thank ....

Went looking and found the following solution for 'Application loses session variables sporadically'.

This appears to be a common Windows 2003 IIS problem. Usually you have to do the following:

• In IIS Manager, expand the local computer
    • Expand Application Pools
    • Right-click the application pool
    • Click Properties
    • Flip to the Performance tab
    • Under Web garden, in the Maximum number of worker processes box, type 1
    • Click Ok

Turns out this setting got changed when we were trying to pin down a different perfromance issue a couple of weeks back. Set it back to 1 and everything appears to be back to normal.

We actually use the session object quite a bit though, so I'm a little surprised we didn't see other symptoms ... we had a couple of peopel comment on being logged out a bit faster than normal, but that was it!

Anyway, thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

Matt

View as RSS news feed in XML