spell check problem

Last post 07-04-2011, 12:56 AM by cutechat. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-17-2011, 8:40 PM 67595

spell check problem

I have following html code in the editor what happen is if I use the spell check it give an spell error "Arial" . This is the font type set in html which shouldn't appear in spell check. and you can see I got only half "cancel" button

<p><span style='font-family: Arial; font-size: 9pt; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;' lang="EN-US"><font size="2">Clear policy available. <br />
    Complaints analysed at Quality/ Risk Committee meetings with opportunity to identify trends. <br />
    Facilitate speedy and effective feedback and remedies at the first point of contact <br />
    Minimise customer dissatisfaction. <br />
    Demonstrate a commitment to resolving complaints and actioning commendations. <br />
    Policy facilitates sdfesdsdeeBill <br />
    Provide customer feedback guidelines for commendations and complaints <br />
    Standardised handling of addfasdasdf. KPI&#8217;s agreed and reported. <br />
    Complaints sddfs asdfasdfsdfaasdf<br />
    Reporting back to National Executive to benchmark<br />
    <br />
    <strong>National sdasdf dfasdfasdf:<br />
    </strong>&#8226; Top 3 categories treatment, environments, administration <br />
    &#8226; Severity &#8211; all 3&#8217;s &amp; 4&#8217;s <br />
    &#8226; Resolution meets 100% benchmark. <br />
    &#8226; No issues remained outstanding</font></span></p>
  •  05-17-2011, 8:54 PM 67598 in reply to 67595

Re: spell check problem

I think I found the problem
    If I turn on the compatibility view the will be the problem in your demo page as well. I use IE9

just tested IE8 and doesn't work as well
  •  05-17-2011, 8:58 PM 67599 in reply to 67595

Hi wolf11th,

I just tested your code, it works fine for me.

Can you reproduce this issue on demo http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx?

If so, please shows me the steps, I will check it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Below is my steps

1. Link to http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx

2. Clean the content and paste the code you provided into html view

3. Back to normal view to start the spell check function

Regards,

Ken
  •  05-17-2011, 10:29 PM 67601 in reply to 67599

Hi Ken,
    thx for your reply
    yes, I can reproduce the issue on your demo page

The steps are exactly same as yours. If you use IE9, pls trun on the compatibility view

see below is the screen shot

•  05-17-2011, 10:36 PM 67602 in reply to 67601

I tried it in IE8 (with/without compatibility view). It doesn't work either

We block the right click for cuteeditor and ctrl+v only gives plaint text. The user use the paste from word button.
    I actually have another issue. With following text, I could not change the font type (eg: change to Tahoma). Everytime I do it, it freezes the whole IE. Our users use the paste buttons.

<div _cmsxhtmljob="1"><font _cmsxhtmljob="1"><font size="2"><font _cmsxhtmljob="1"><span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">dfasd</span></font></font></font><font size="3" _cmsxhtmljob="1"><font size="2"><span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">Ltd. </span><br _cmsxhtmljob="1" />
    <span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">sdcc</span><span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">.&nbsp;</span><br />
    <font style="background-color: #ffffff" _cmsxhtmljob="1"><br />
    <span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">sddfcare.</span></font></font><font size="+0" _cmsxhtmljob="1"><font size="2">&nbsp;<br _cmsxhtmljob="1" />
    </div>
    <div _cmsxhtmljob="1">&nbsp;</div>
    <div _cmsxhtmljob="1"><span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">dfa</span><span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">.</span></div>
    <div _cmsxhtmljob="1"><br />
    <span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">aaa</span><span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">was established in </span><font style="background-color: #ffffff" _cmsxhtmljob="1"><span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">1892.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span></font></div>
    <div _cmsxhtmljob="1">&nbsp;</div>
    <div _cmsxhtmljob="1"><span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">add</span><span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">services.</span></div>
    <div _cmsxhtmljob="1"><font face="Tahoma"></font><br _cmsxhtmljob="1" />
    <span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">dfdof:</span><br _cmsxhtmljob="1" />
    <span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt"></span><font face="Tahoma">1. People and Culture</font>
    <div>2. Excellence in Care</div>
    <div>3. Wise stewardship</div>
    <div>4. Service development</div>
    <div>5. Community engagement</div>
    <br _cmsxhtmljob="1" />
    <br _cmsxhtmljob="1" />
    <span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">dfd.</span></font>&nbsp;</font></font></div>
  •  05-18-2011, 9:57 PM 67612 in reply to 67602

Hi wolf11th,

1. I can reproduce the spell check issue on IE8. We are investigating this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

2. The change font issue.

Cause it because in the code you provided has many irregular nesting target and missing some start/end target of <font>.

If only this code has the issue, please try the way below.

In the last line of your code, just remove '&nbsp;'(the red part) and it should work.

<span style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 10pt">dfd.</span></font>&nbsp;</font></font></div>

Regards,

ken
  •  05-18-2011, 11:14 PM 67614 in reply to 67612

Hi Ken,
    thx very much for the reply

regarding to seconde issue "change font". I understand that is the regualr html tags. However, I couldn't control the user's input. and it seems to be fine in other html editor such as FCK editor. Our users were all very experienced in FCK and now we upgrade our system with CuteEditor and keep telling them the new editor is weight more better than FCK. It would be very much appreciated if you have any solution or work around for this because I cannot demand the user to change HTML. Usually they just copy the text from word, html or PDF. We've already block the right click and ctrl+v. They have to use the paste buttons from tool bar. If it still causes problem and freeze their web browser, it leaves us very hard to explain the issue.

thx again
  •  05-18-2011, 11:46 PM 67616 in reply to 67614

hi wolf11th,

We will improve it in the next patch, sorry for your inconvenience.

Regards,

Ken
  •  07-04-2011, 12:56 AM 68324 in reply to 67595

Hi,

We have fixed this issue and will provide an update in 24 hours.

Regards,
    Terry

View as RSS news feed in XML