Cannot Close Custom Dialogue

Last post 05-10-2011, 9:38 AM by TAG. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-07-2011, 12:33 PM 67469

Cannot Close Custom Dialogue

I have been using the editor in a community server application and a custom dialogue for a couple of weeks without problems.  To day I moved the editor from a sub-domain to the main domain (with a new license) and now I cannot close the custom dialogue in Internet Explorer. 

I am using window.top.close() tied to a button, which last week worked perfectly.  It works in Chrome without any problems.  In Internet Explorer it tries to close the top (main editor) window  and I get the 'The webpage your are viewing is trying to close the tab' message.  Clicking the 'X' at the top left works. Clicking 'Cancel' on  any of the standard dialogues (i.e. InsertImage) work fine as well. 

Please can you point me in the right direction to finding a solution.

•  05-07-2011, 7:59 PM 67470 in reply to 67469

Re: Cannot Close Custom Dialogue

Hi BinbinB,

Is your site online? If so,can you send the test page url to Kenneth@CuteSoft.net? I will check it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

ken
  •  05-07-2011, 8:02 PM 67471 in reply to 67469

Hi BinBinb,

Please try the following code and test again.

1. window.top.open('','_self');   
    2. window.top.close();     
    Regards,
    Jeff
  •  05-08-2011, 10:30 AM 67477 in reply to 67471

Have just sent Kenneth an email with a test link.  Have also tried Jeff's suggestion and it still has the same problem. 
  •  05-08-2011, 9:07 PM 67478 in reply to 67477

Dear Customer,

Try this way

1. Add the code below into the custom dialog page. My test dialog page under folder “\CuteSoft_Client\CuteEditor\Dialogs\”. So just make the url correct which point to file “Load.ashx”.

<script type="text/javascript" src="Load.ashx?type=dialogscript&verfix=1004&file=DialogHead.js"></script>

2. Use code do_Close() to close the dialog, like below.

<input class="formbutton" type="button" value="[[Cancel]]" onclick="do_Close()" />

Keep me posted.

Regards,

Ken

•  05-09-2011, 10:23 AM 67497 in reply to 67478

Kennith,

I was having the same problem with my custom dialog under IE9.  Other browsers could close fine, but IE9 would popup the message and would close the main page and not just the dialog.

Anyway - the above fix worked for me.

Thanks!

The Analytical Group
  •  05-09-2011, 8:19 PM 67504 in reply to 67497

Hi TAG,

Have you try the method I provided above? Does it works?

If not, please create a simple example which can reproduce this issue and send it to Kenneth@CuteSoft.net. I will check it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ken
  •  05-10-2011, 9:38 AM 67517 in reply to 67504

I am using the onclick="do_Close()"  method and it is working.

Thanks!

The Analytical Group
View as RSS news feed in XML