copy files from uploader to invisible uploader

Last post 09-29-2010, 9:07 AM by Roetje. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-29-2010, 7:29 AM 64243

copy files from uploader to invisible uploader

hello,

Is it possible to copy the selected files from one to another uploader?
    I can't find any documentation about that in javascript.

I want my users to fill in some (meta)data and select 1 file, this file has to go to the other uploader then, where the user finally can select wich files need to be uploaded to the server.

I'm trying, testing in javascript something like: uploadTotal.items = uploader.getitems();
    no errors, but unfortunatly no luck... Someone else got an idee?

I add an image, so you guys perhaps can make any sence of this ;)

thank you,

Roelant

Filed under:
  •  09-29-2010, 8:40 AM 64244 in reply to 64243

Re: copy files from uploader to invisible uploader

Dear Roelant

Please refer to http://ajaxuploader.com/Demo/Simulate-File-Upload.aspx , This sample demonstrating how to use .Upload method to simulate a file upload event. The files uploaded by Uploader1 will be passed to Attachments1. Its source code can be found in download package.

Thank you for asking
  •  09-29-2010, 9:07 AM 64246 in reply to 64244

Re: copy files from uploader to invisible uploader

Dear Eric,

found it, however, this is not what i am looking for. I think you assume that after the user has filled in some data en selected the file, i want to upload it. But that's not the intention, because the files can be up to 400 mb, I want that the user is able to select each time 1 file, but start uploading when the user has a few files ready. (like the picture, first fill in the form, the set it ready (repeated x times), and then checks the files in the table which starts the (real) uploads.

Is there a way (whitout uploading) to put the files from uploader1 to uploader2? Or, if you have a better idea, I would love to hear it!

Thanks in advance!

Roelant
View as RSS news feed in XML