SQL Data Base Example does not wowrk

Last post 08-23-2010, 12:38 PM by Eric. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-19-2010, 7:19 PM 63531

SQL Data Base Example does not wowrk

I despeerately need to use the cute editor for net with SQL.  I tried to follow directions from another post to load and run the SQL exaample.  When I attemp to load it in VS 2010, it fails.  Do you have an example that works with associated comments so we can tell what you are during.

Thanks!!!

hsmith825
  •  08-19-2010, 8:40 PM 63532 in reply to 63531

Re: SQL Data Base Example does not wowrk

Please follow steps:
    1. open link http://cutesoft.net/example/howto.aspx, click highlight text "Using a Sql Server database as the file storage", this is online demo
    2. click "Download source code", you will can download its source code
    3. unzip the download package
    4. in folder "sqlsample", you can find "fsitems.sql", please create one database called "test", and then execute "fsitems.sql" in this database, the uploaded images will be stored in this db
    5. open visual studio,click "File"==>"Open Website"==>point folder to the unzipped download package
    6. open file "app_code\sqlsample\sqlfilestorage.cs",update the following connection string to the actual string: public static string ConnectionString=@"Server=(local);database=customfileprovider6.6;uid=cute;pwd=cute;";
    7.click "build web site"
    8. after compile is successful,right click "usesql.aspx", click "view in browser", you will can run the cuteeditor and upload image to database
    Regards,
    Eric

•  08-20-2010, 2:08 AM 63534 in reply to 63532

Hi Eric,

First thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, I was unsccessful at loading the images from the sql db.  I followed your steps very closely.  I  am certain I had the correct connectionstring(HOWARD-LAPTOP\SQLEXPRESS;database=test;.  No mater how I varied things I all ways received the error "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)".

Any other sugestions?

Howard
  •  08-20-2010, 11:57 AM 63542 in reply to 63534

Hi Eric,

First thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, I was unsccessful at loading the images from the sql db.  I followed your steps very closely.  I  am certain I had the correct connectionstring(HOWARD-LAPTOP\SQLEXPRESS;database=test;.  No mater how I varied things I all ways received the error "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)".

Any other sugestions?

Howard
  •  08-20-2010, 12:37 PM 63544 in reply to 63542

Please double check step 6:

public static string ConnectionString=@"Server=(local);database=customfileprovider6.6;uid=cute;pwd=cute;";
    please check whether the database host, database name, username, and password are correct.

Regards,
    Eric

•  08-20-2010, 4:30 PM 63547 in reply to 63544

Hi Eric,

I tried various comnnectionstrings.  The string that works for other applications is as follows:

Data Source=HOWARD-LAPTOP\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=test;Integrated Security=True;providerName=.Net Framework Data Provider for SQL Server;

I have tried this string with and without the providername.

Thanks!!!

Howard
  •  08-23-2010, 12:38 PM 63565 in reply to 63547

You can find lots of connect string example in http://www.connectionstrings.com/ 

Regards,
    Eric
View as RSS news feed in XML