Ok, 'Save' button is there. How about 'Cancel' or 'Leave without saving changes' button?

Last post 07-09-2010, 1:08 PM by ThomaxVision. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-08-2010, 2:02 PM 62369

Ok, 'Save' button is there. How about 'Cancel' or 'Leave without saving changes' button?

Is there any way (or plans) to implement this functionality, other than adding a custom button?
  •  07-09-2010, 6:33 AM 62393 in reply to 62369

Re: Ok, 'Save' button is there. How about 'Cancel' or 'Leave without saving changes' button?

Hi Ivan. I think i can answer this. The Editor is basically a very advanced Textbox controller. I have disabled the save button from the editor it self and made my own button to handle what will happen. You can have 1 button for save changes or 1 botton for make new (make copy) and 1 for cancel. There is no need for Cutesoft to do this. Hope that was helpful. :)
  •  07-09-2010, 10:10 AM 62400 in reply to 62393

Re: Ok, 'Save' button is there. How about 'Cancel' or 'Leave without saving changes' button?

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your idea. The problem is - I have very limited real estate so sticking in 'Cancel' to the toolbar will save me a whole line or two of precious editing space, so it's a must. In fact, one of the reasons I'm going to switch to CuteEditor from TinyMce is that the later has bigger toolbar icons (but they have that 'Cancel' thing.  )
  •  07-09-2010, 12:46 PM 62402 in reply to 62400

Hi again Ivan. I understand, i used to use TinyMC also,  and i must say CuteEditor is much better product. What you can try to do is
    make a custom button (doesn't need allot of codeing) you can try to use this:

<a href="java script : javas cript : history.go(-1)">Cancel</a> This will bring you back to what ever page you was before using the Editor.

•  07-09-2010, 12:56 PM 62403 in reply to 62402

Thanks Thomas,

That's pretty much what I'm gonna do then.
  •  07-09-2010, 1:08 PM 62404 in reply to 62403

God luck :)
View as RSS news feed in XML