Two web servers pointing to same database - no contacts list

Last post 05-12-2010, 9:50 PM by cutechat. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-05-2010, 9:40 AM 60726

Two web servers pointing to same database - no contacts list

I'm using  Cute Web Messenger.  I don't see a way to tell which version we're using, but our developer license was purchased in August 2007.  We haven't upgraded versions since then.

I have two web servers.  Eventually, these will be load balanced.  Right now we're just trying to confirm everything works separately.  Each web server is configured to use the same database (MS SQL Server - on a separate, 3rd machine). 

If I log in to web server A, I can launch the messenger and see a full contacts list.  It functions perfectly.  

If I log off of A, and log on to B, I can launch the messenger with no errors, but my contacts list is empty, even when using the same user that worked on A. 

Since they're both connecting to the same database with the same relation table, why would one not work?   A works every time with any user.  B never shows a contacts list.  The permissions and configuration are identical on each web server.  They're exact copies of each other.  Any help would be appreciated...

•  05-06-2010, 3:52 PM 60783 in reply to 60726

Re: Two web servers pointing to same database - no contacts list

Anyone? 

•  05-06-2010, 9:26 PM 60788 in reply to 60726

Hi,

I think you did not configured the cutechat well for load balancing.

Can you see the contact list of B , after reseting the server ?

Regards,
    Terry
  •  05-07-2010, 7:22 AM 60800 in reply to 60788

Can you be more specific?  Are there certain settings in the CuteChat Messenger application that have to be changed for load balancing?

B is an exact image of A.  The configuration of the entire box is exactly the same as the other.  Nothing at all is different.

Thanks 
  •  05-12-2010, 9:23 PM 60970 in reply to 60800

We pay good money for a developer license and can't get any support?  No response to my support ticket or posts here.
  •  05-12-2010, 9:50 PM 60972 in reply to 60800

Hi,

Did you configuration your application for the load balancing ?

CuteChat need a server as the 'CuteChat Server', and other servers should be acted as 'Proxy'

Regards,
    Terry
View as RSS news feed in XML