Continue to get the license error in VS2008 even with a valid Developer License

Last post 12-28-2009, 3:11 PM by Matt. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-24-2009, 11:15 AM 57925

Continue to get the license error in VS2008 even with a valid Developer License

I have a valid developer license.  The license is located in the BIN folder of the Visual Studio Project.  The project and files are located on my "source share" server.   I have added the DotnetGallery.dll as a reference in my project and I have added the DotNetGallery.UploadModule as an httpModule.

However, when I register a GalleryBrowser in an asp control form, I get an error message that reads "" and the GalleryClient property of the control reads "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

What am I missing?

Matt
  •  12-24-2009, 11:29 AM 57926 in reply to 57925

Re: Continue to get the license error in VS2008 even with a valid Developer License

Dear Matt,

Visual Studio publish license file: http://forums.asp.net/post/1306996.aspx
    Official license files never expire, please manually copy the license file to bin folder.

Regards,
    Eric
  •  12-24-2009, 11:53 AM 57927 in reply to 57926

Re: Continue to get the license error in VS2008 even with a valid Developer License

Thanks Eric,

However, the issue is not in the deployment.  It is within the Visual Studio form itself.

This form has the exact code supplied in the form control supplied by CuteSoft ("Classic-Layout.aspx").  However, there is an error message attached to the control in the form indicating that I am using an invalid license file and the property "GalleryClient" indicates the error "Object not set to an instance...".

Further, when I run the site under the VS Development Server enviornment in debug mode, I get a a number of js errors.

Matt
  •  12-24-2009, 12:36 PM 57928 in reply to 57927

I took all of the files in the downloaded folder "Web" from CuteSoft and made a project out of them. 

I get the same notice inside Visual Studio that I did before, however, it runs your project fine on my local machine.

When I publish the web to our production test server, I wind up getting a server error that I am unfamiliar with.  It has to do with the added HTTPModule.

Here is the error generated:  We are running IIS 7.0.  Thoughts? 

Error Summary

HTTP Error 500.22 - Internal Server Error

An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.

Detailed Error Information
    Module ConfigurationValidationModule
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler StaticFile
    Error Code 0x80070032
    Requested URL http://test.dynawebs.biz:80/
    Physical Path D:\Virtual Web Folders\fcweb\TEST SITE
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined
    Most likely causes:
    • This application defines configuration in the system.web/httpModules section.
    Things you can try:
    • Migrate the configuration to the system.webServer/modules section. You can do so manually or by using AppCmd from the command line - for example, %SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd migrate config "Default Web Site/". Using AppCmd to migrate your application will enable it to work in Integrated mode, and continue to work in Classic mode and on previous versions of IIS.
    • If you are certain that it is OK to ignore this error, it can be disabled by setting system.webServer/validation@validateIntegratedModeConfiguration to false.
    • Alternatively, switch the application to a Classic mode application pool - for example, %SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set app "Default Web Site/" /applicationPool:"Classic .NET AppPool". Only do this if you are unable to migrate your application.
    (Set "Default Web Site" and "Classic .NET AppPool" to your application path and application pool name)

Matt
  •  12-28-2009, 12:44 PM 57950 in reply to 57928

Please disregard this entire thread.

I obviously fouled something up in the web.config file somewhere along the way.

I went back and started from scratch.

Matt
  •  12-28-2009, 3:11 PM 57953 in reply to 57950

Thanks to Eric in customer support!

The NAG in Visual Studio about the license is Normal.  You can disregard it. 

Matt
View as RSS news feed in XML