Through IE 8 - why do I get an hand with a cirlce and diagonal line when attempting to select the details/message window? For example I can't add details to this post as it won't allow it...?

Last post 12-03-2009, 11:52 AM by Eric. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-30-2009, 10:32 PM 57513

Through IE 8 - why do I get an hand with a cirlce and diagonal line when attempting to select the details/message window? For example I can't add details to this post as it won't allow it...?

I had to use FireFox to complete this post.  Why won't Internet Explorer 8 allow me use the main Message box of this forum, or any other detail/message box when using the Cute Editor?
  •  12-01-2009, 12:58 AM 57515 in reply to 57513

Re: Through IE 8 - why do I get an hand with a cirlce and diagonal line when attempting to select the details/message window? For example I can't add details to this post as it won't allow it...?

Hi dcowan,

I can not reproduce this issue. Can you send me a screenshot to show your issue?

Regards,

ken
  •  12-01-2009, 7:47 AM 57521 in reply to 57515

Re: Through IE 8 - why do I get an hand with a cirlce and diagonal line when attempting to select the details/message window? For example I can't add details to this post as it won't allow it...?

I have isolated the issue and by exiting out of 'Skype' it has resolved the issue and I am able to use Internet Explorer to post in the Rich Text Editor dialog now.  I am going to attempt to disable the IE Skype plug in to see if I can't continue to use Skype and not interfere with the online editor.
  •  12-03-2009, 11:38 AM 57575 in reply to 57521

Turns out it is not skype add-in.

I have since disabled all add-ins and have not had time to enable them one-at-a-time to to test which exact one it is.
  •  12-03-2009, 11:52 AM 57577 in reply to 57575

Dear dcowan,

If you disable skype add-in, does it work well? If you disable all add-ins, does it work well? If answer is "Yes", please do more test and figure it out or you can send all add-ins list to eric@cutesoft.net, I will have a test.

Regards,
    Eric
View as RSS news feed in XML