Launching the InsertImage page from a link in another page other than the Cute Editor

Last post 09-16-2009, 10:03 AM by valya. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-15-2009, 3:48 PM 55664

Launching the InsertImage page from a link in another page other than the Cute Editor

Hello
    I apolgize if this topic has already been discussed, but is it possible to launch the CE InsertImage.aspx dialog from a link (not from the CE),and passing in the image name as a parameter?  I have a link to an image in another page and I would like to launch the InsertImage page to edit this particular image.

Thanks!
    Valya
    Filed under: ,
  •  09-16-2009, 12:37 AM 55670 in reply to 55664

Re: Launching the InsertImage page from a link in another page other than the Cute Editor

Hi valya,

How to use CuteEditor as an image selector?( Demo1 |  Demo2 )

This example demonstrates how to use CuteEditor as an image selector.

More Advanced Topics

Regards,

Ken
  •  09-16-2009, 10:03 AM 55683 in reply to 55670

Re: Launching the InsertImage page from a link in another page other than the Cute Editor

Hi Ken
    Thank you for the links.  I'm still confused on how to actually invoke the InsertImage dialog to edit a particular image.  I have a file tree and each file is a link, in that link I'm calling a javascript function that opens the InsertImage page (not the image gallery page).  I am passing in the image name/path to the function.

I could do something like this

window.open('CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Dialogs/InsertImage.aspx?setting=!3wEWAgUFZW4tdXMFAyRhMfqGPLPBy15184KvIiz5gP3yC59g&Theme=Office2007&Url=/uploads/aboutProducts.jpg', 'ViewEditContent', 'height=590,width=600,status=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,location=no,menubar=no');

with a hardcoded setting parameter, to launch the actual page, but I need to pass in the image path and name to be able to edit that particular image and I want this to be dynamic.

I have a couple instances of the CuteEditor on my page, and I did read some other topics about custom dialogs, but I'm still confused and can't seem to get this working.

could I do something like this?

var editor = document.getElementById('Editor1');
    editor.PasteHTML(imgName)

Thanks!

View as RSS news feed in XML