Multiple Issues with Table

Last post 06-26-2009, 6:08 AM by piyushc. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-25-2009, 7:48 AM 53506

Multiple Issues with Table

Hello,

I am using latest Cute Editor version in my application.
    I am facing some issues with tables. These are

1. When I click on table icon of toolbar, sometimes it opens the wizard while some times it just shows a popup like window where I can highlight the number of columns and rows I want. The behavior is inconsistent.

2. I have a template with table. I want the users to add content or images to it. The users should not be able to delete a row, column or the full table. I have set ObjectResize property to false. Still I am able to delete the table. I also set DisableAutoFormatting to true;

3. Pasting from Word is very inconsistent. Some times it pastes with formatting, other times without. I have EditorOnPaste set to PastePureText.

4. Why is the table border dotted? I want the table border to be solid by default. So that it gives an impression that the table is non-resizable.

5. The table border disappears in between. When I switch to preview and come back again, it becomes visible again.

These are very crictical issues for the success of our product. The inconsistent behavior has been the latest let down and is very frustrating.
    We did choose Cute Editor for its powerful features but it seems there are a lot of issues still pending.

I am hoping to get at least a reply to this post (earlier I did not even get the reply to my posts, which is certainly not professional).

Thanks,
    Piyush
  •  06-25-2009, 8:34 AM 53509 in reply to 53506

Re: Multiple Issues with Table

Hi piyushc ,

1. When I click on table icon of toolbar, sometimes it opens the wizard while some times it just shows a popup like window where I can highlight the number of columns and rows I want. The behavior is inconsistent.

when you double click on the table button it will open the wizard

2. I have a template with table. I want the users to add content or images to it. The users should not be able to delete a row, column or the full table. I have set ObjectResize property to false. Still I am able to delete the table. I also set DisableAutoFormatting to true;

you can use properties contenteditable, like

<div contenteditable='false'>test</div>

now, the div can not be delete

3. Pasting from Word is very inconsistent. Some times it pastes with formatting, other times without. I have EditorOnPaste set to PastePureText.

we investigating on this issue

4. Why is the table border dotted? I want the table border to be solid by default. So that it gives an impression that the table is non-resizable.

the border which is only shown in  design mode, it is not the real border

5. The table border disappears in between. When I switch to preview and come back again, it becomes visible again.

Reference to  above

Regards,

Ken
  •  06-25-2009, 8:56 AM 53513 in reply to 53506

Hi Piyush,

Your post sounds very familair to me.
    I have the same...no replies on our questions on this forum or emails what so ever.
    To bad because I like the control but no (good)support or answers.

It let me to search for other wysiwyg/edit controls.
  •  06-25-2009, 9:09 AM 53516 in reply to 53509

when you double click on the table button it will open the wizard

As I said, it is very inconsistent. The wizard opens up even if I single click it.

you can use properties contenteditable, like

<div contenteditable='false'>test</div>

now, the div can not be delete

I do not want the table to be non-editable. In fact I want it to be editable but the users should not delete it. How can it be acieved?

we investigating on this issue

the border which is only shown in  design mode, it is not the real border

Even if the border is not a real border, I want it to look solid, just to give the impression that it can not be moved.

Reference to  above

Regards,

Ken

•  06-25-2009, 10:34 AM 53526 in reply to 53516

>>Even if the border is not a real border, I want it to look solid, just to give the impression that it can not be moved.

asp.net Chat http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Chat/default.aspx
    Web Messenger: http://cutesoft.net/Web-Messenger/default.aspx
    asp.net wysiwyg editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx
    asp wysiwyg html editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP
    asp.net Image Gallery: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Image+Gallery/default.aspx
    Live Support: http://cutesoft.net/live-support/default.aspx

•  06-26-2009, 6:08 AM 53552 in reply to 53526

Dear Adam,

ToggleBorder property either shows a dotted border or it does not show the border at all.

I want to display a solid border.

Example of Solid Border:

Example of Dotted Border:

I hope this clears what I want.

Another question is, do you have any solution to prevent users from deleting a table though they can enter text into it.

Thanks,
    Piyush
View as RSS news feed in XML