Quivering Cute Editor

Last post 02-01-2009, 7:47 PM by kazzlo. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-19-2008, 4:46 PM 45965

Quivering Cute Editor

Hello Adam,

I can't reproduce a problem we're seeing in our own application on your demo page because we use CuteEditor.EditorResizeMode.AutoAdjust and the demo does not. I see the issue I'm referring to frequently.

When I make an edit to the content I'm working on under CE, whether in Normal or HTML mode, I'll sometimes see the page begin quivering endlessly. It appears that it's because the window is continuously shifting between having a vertical scroll bar and not having the scroll bar. While it's in this mode, it's very hard for the user to click on anything in order to stop the behavior (though using F12 to go to full view mode resolves the issue). I then have to make some random edits before I can switch back to small screen mode at which point the quivering problem may or may not have disappeared.

If I copy the offending HTML (while in 'quivering' mode) and paste it into the demo page under the same browser type/version, I don't see the quivering problem. Yet, if I close and then reedit the content page locally it continues the quivering until I make the appropriate random edit to stop the problem. I haven't yet figured out what the specific tags are that lead to the problem, though the removal of   characters (inserted by CE while I'm editing in Normal mode - especially if I backspace/delete and then continue editing) from the HTML usually seems to remedy the problem.

See the video below which exhibits what I'm talking about. [Note: I tried uploading the video both with IE and FF and each time I tried, the Insert Media pop-up upload session hung (requiring me to kill my browser session)..] Thus, I'm unable to show you the video that I wanted to show you.. I've tried numerous times and it usually hangs at between 7% and 10% uploaded. It's an AVI file that's 5,572 KB in size. Can I email it to you?]

Regards,
    Kazzlo
  •  11-19-2008, 5:07 PM 45967 in reply to 45965

Re: Quivering Cute Editor

Here's where my last video upload attempt hung..

Regards,
    Kazzlo

•  11-30-2008, 7:18 PM 46420 in reply to 45967

Kazzlo,

We have investigated this issue.

Can you add this line to the web.config ?

I think this way may helps .

<system.web>
    <httpModules>
     <add name="CuteEditor.UploadModule" type="CuteEditor.UploadModule,CuteEditor"/>-->
    </httpModules>
    </system.web>

Regards,
    Terry
  •  12-03-2008, 10:43 AM 46512 in reply to 46420

Hi Terry,

The solution that you describe above is intended to solve the problem where one is unable to upload large files to the server. This is not the problem I'm concerned about. [I'm actually able to upload images with my own CuteSoft application just fine, but was unable to upload a video displaying the "quivering CuteSoft editor" problem that I described in my initial post. Thus, I emailed you the video (with your prior permission) since I could not post here.]

Did you receive the video I emailed you and do you have a fix for the problem that I show in the video?

Thanks,
    Bill
  •  12-04-2008, 10:12 PM 46598 in reply to 45965

•  12-10-2008, 4:59 PM 46789 in reply to 46598

Hi Adam,

I just sent you an email with HTML that exhibits the problem I've been describing under Firefox 2.0 (when EditorResizeMode= AutoAdjust). I couldn't reproduce the problem on your demo page because it doesn't use AutoAdjust.

Please let me know if you did not receive the email in case it got spam blocked, etc.

Thanks,
    Kazzlo
  •  12-16-2008, 9:34 AM 46968 in reply to 46789

Adam, Ken, any update here? This is a very troubling problem and it is my strong hope that it will be identified and hopefully fixed in the upcoming 6.3 release. 

By the way, our website application uses an 800x600 screen resolution if that may somehow be a factor here.
  •  12-22-2008, 3:13 PM 47178 in reply to 46968

Adam, Ken,

I just emailed you an ASPX page that exhibits this problem.

Please let me know whether or not you have received it in case it gets spam blocked.

The email includes a 2.7 MB ZIP file attachment.

Regards,
    Kazzlo
  •  02-01-2009, 7:47 PM 48250 in reply to 47178

Ken, Adam, Anyone?
    Any update on this issue?

Thanks,
    Kazzlo
View as RSS news feed in XML