Custom config file name generates Failed to Load Menus and how to change "css class" to custom text.

Last post 01-29-2010, 4:45 PM by OlegS. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-15-2008, 11:56 AM 40422

Custom config file name generates Failed to Load Menus and how to change "css class" to custom text.

Just upgraded from 5.2 to 6.0.  If I use a custom name for my config file, I get an alert "Failed to Load Menus" when the control loads.  Note that it's not the content of the file that causes the error, it's the NAME of the file that seems to be the problem. 

My code was editor.AutoConfigure = "asid" and my config file was asid.config, this generated the error.

After a bunch of tests I figured out that i I rename my asid.config to simple.config (or one of the other standard cofigs) and change the code match it works fine.

I can certainly just name my file simple.config, but it's confusing, and I'd rather use my own name.  Can you help?

Also, in 5.2 somehow I changed the default display so it didn't say "css class" but rather some custom text.  I can't figure out how to do that in 6.0 (or even how I did it in 5.2 for that matter).  Here's a link to a sample page showing the custom display text.  http://www.scientificinquiry.org/samplehelp.asp  Can you help with that as well?
  •  05-21-2008, 3:01 PM 40648 in reply to 40597

Re: Custom config file name generates Failed to Load Menus and how to change "css class" to custom text.

Thanks.  That did the trick.  Can you help with the second part of my question?  Here it is again ...

Also, in 5.2 somehow I changed the default display so it didn't say "css class" but rather some custom text.  I can't figure out how to do that in 6.0 (or even how I did it in 5.2 for that matter).  Here's a link to a sample page showing the custom display text.  http://www.scientificinquiry.org/samplehelp.asp  Can you help with that as well?

Thanks.
  •  05-21-2008, 7:13 PM 40651 in reply to 40650

Re: Custom config file name generates Failed to Load Menus and how to change "css class" to custom text.

Here's what I have in my config file:

<item type="dropdown" name="CssClass" width="90" RenderItemBorder="true" text="[[ACASE Help Formats]]" command="CssClass" />

I know it's the right config file because I changed the width to 90 and was able to see the drop down get wider, but the text doesn't change.  Any suggestions?

•  05-22-2008, 6:19 PM 40686 in reply to 40683

OK, that did the trick, although the default language file was en-en not en-US.   Once I figured that out it worked fine.
  •  05-26-2009, 12:46 PM 52517 in reply to 40648

I'm having the same issue with a custom config file. It looks like a solution was found, but it isn't displayed on the forum. Could someone share what that fix was?
  •  07-20-2009, 9:10 PM 54141 in reply to 52517

What's the fix for this? Any ideas?
  •  07-21-2009, 11:20 PM 54183 in reply to 54141

Hey Support People. What's the answer for this one? You'll note that this thread has over 1700 views, so this is clearly a problem. Can you please provide an answer? I've been using your product for many versions and it's getting very good, but I still spend a helluva lot of time trying to debug these annoying problems! Help me out.
  •  08-03-2009, 9:19 PM 54460 in reply to 54183

Hi guys -

MichaelG sent me a private message about this.   It's been so long I really can't recall what the solution was.  Strange that the post no longer shows the support responses to my posts.

I'm not really actively using cuteeditor, here's what I have in my files.    In my .asp I have ...

editor.CustomCulture = "AS-ID"
    editor.ConfigurationPath = CUTEEDITORCONFIGPATH  & "asid.config"

Then I have the corresponding file "AS-ID.xml" in the languages directory.  That appears to be a copy of en-US.xml. Maybe I did that to fix this?  Can't remember, but it would be pretty easy to test for you guys.

Sorry I can't be of more help. 
  •  11-27-2009, 9:28 AM 57462 in reply to 40422

I removed ContextMenuMode="" from WebPage source and the message disappeared.
  •  01-29-2010, 4:45 PM 58444 in reply to 57462

The reason is that ContextMenuMode custom config file is missing from CuteSoft_Client\CuteEditor\Configuration\ContextMenuMode directory.
View as RSS news feed in XML