LiveSupport Nasty bug.. Breaks the website if operator console is run first.

Last post 07-27-2007, 4:40 PM by pukora2000. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-27-2007, 4:36 PM 31961

LiveSupport Nasty bug.. Breaks the website if operator console is run first.

I have a localmachine with a website and a virtual directory within it where Cutechat is installed and the virtual site folder points to the framwork2.0 folder.

Here is what i do..

Dont start any browser. First.. start the Live Support Operator app from your start menu
    Login as admin
    click on I'm Ready and go in online status.

Now I start a browser session on same machine(i dont know if that should matter) and do a

What i get is a browser 404 error sometimes, OR if i dont get the error, then i get my website
    but the website is all broken with most of the images showing as broken images and it does not respond.
    each time i hit refreash, it loads a few images but still unresponsive.. like its all bogged down.
    Note that its not the whole machine that is bogged down. everything else works fine even the browser menus and functions.

To fix it, i close the operator app, restart the browser, and then my site works fine.

It does not happen if NOW i start the operator app and refresh the browser.. it works OK.

So basically if the op app is started first and the app is online as well, then u start the browser .. it breaks.. its the sequence.

I wonder how many customers would see this if it was live.. ??!! bad bad bad

•  07-27-2007, 4:40 PM 31962 in reply to 31961

Re: LiveSupport Nasty bug.. Breaks the website if operator console is run first.

I must also add that this happens MOSTLY not everytime.

View as RSS news feed in XML