Error After running Cute Eitior once "the application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread."

Last post 12-08-2004, 4:40 PM by shroomy. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-08-2004, 9:47 AM 2928

Error After running Cute Eitior once "the application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread."

hmmmm.....

I am getting an error with cuteeditor.

The first time I run the page, all is well.

The second time, the browser shows an error on the page. If I display the details of the error it says "the application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread."

Then the editor shows up, but without any of the toolbar items that have the drop down items (font name, etc)
    and there is no text area to type in.

I am using VS 2003 (and I also have VS 2005 on the same PC which also gives the same error)

any help please??? 
    I love the control, if I can just get it to work.
  •  12-08-2004, 10:13 AM 2929 in reply to 2928

Re: Error After running Cute Eitior once "the application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread."

shroomy :

Maybe it's a error of the IE5.5 ? Please check this :
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306892

Is that a Internet Explorer Message Box ?
  •  12-08-2004, 11:11 AM 2934 in reply to 2929

Re: Error After running Cute Eitior once "the application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread."

Thanks for the quick response.

I am a bit closer I guess.

I am running IE 6 but by turning off the proxy settings the error goes away.

The problem is that everyone else here (15K + people) have the proxy settings turned on and, can only get to internal sites without them.

Any ideas for a workaround or solution?
  •  12-08-2004, 11:56 AM 2938 in reply to 2934

It seems be a bug of IE ,

But maybe , what cause that problem is the http public cache . ( The cutechat client scripts/images are cached by the proxy )

I will change the cache to private , and test it again . please wait serveral days for this issue .

Regards , Terry .
  •  12-08-2004, 4:40 PM 2944 in reply to 2938

Thanks Terry,

because I am at a lose.
View as RSS news feed in XML