CodeCharge Studio

Last post 02-23-2006, 10:20 AM by elma. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-27-2005, 1:38 PM 4298

CodeCharge Studio

Has anyone integrated CuteEditor for ASP with CodeCharge Studio (ASP)?
  •  02-28-2005, 7:27 AM 4321 in reply to 4298

Re: CodeCharge Studio

How ironic that you posted this when you did...I was just trying it myself...I cannot figure it out...yet...
  •  03-07-2005, 4:53 AM 4419 in reply to 4298

Hopefully someone can shed light onto this...I'm integrating CuteEditor into CodeCharge Studio, .asp version. I've gotten this far:

To include the editor, I've put the CuteEdior code into a separate .asp page and included it in an IFrame right after my hidden field in CodeCharge. So far, so good...editor appears.

Only two more lines of code should be needed, but I can't figure out how to integrate it (you javascripters may be able to help). On page load, the hidden field (from a db) must be transferred to the editor. I cannot figure this one out.

Also, on insert or update, the contents of the editor needs to be transferred to the hidden field so that it may be appended to the db.

Can the contents of the editor (from an IFrame) be called from javascript? If so, how?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  •  02-22-2006, 4:04 PM 16291 in reply to 4419

I have tried using IFrame ,but I guess there is no way to get the value out of the iframe.

So I am trying out the normal way, i.e using a label and setting the Editor.draw() to this label to render it.
    Although it renders the editor properly and I am also able to access the value of the editor with in the page, it is not positioned properly within the form.
    For some reason the editor is rendered right on top of the page even before the HTML tag. This doesn't happen with a plain ASP page obviously.
    Can you help me out with this ??
    Tx
  •  02-23-2006, 10:20 AM 16333 in reply to 16291

In case this is useful to some body.
    To integrate CuteEditor with Codecharge studio , the best way I was able to get it working was using the Iframe method posted earlier. The problem of not being able to access the ifram Form elements can be handled if the iframe is named properly with and id as well as a name and using the following statements to access /set values into the editor, via JScript

1:  strValue = frames["frameDescription"].obj_CustomEditor.getHTML()
    -- NOTE :"CustomEditor" would be the id of your editor, and "frameDescription" would be the name of your frame

2: frames["frameDescription"].obj_CustomEditor.PasteHTML('This text goes into the Editor')

This I have tested with Mozilla right now. Hoping works well with IE too

Elma
View as RSS news feed in XML