CuteChat-Config error

Last post 10-06-2005, 12:28 AM by mekalaasri. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-30-2005, 12:52 AM 11220

CuteChat-Config error

hai Adam,

I had followed your steps for create virtual directory
    ================================================================
    How to create Virtual Directories in IIS?
    1. Click Start, point to Programs, click to select Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Services Manager.
    2. Expand the server name.
    3. In the left pane, right-click Default Web Site, point to New, and then click Virtual Directory.
    4. In the first screen of the Virtual Directory Creation Wizard, type an alias, or name, for the virtual directory (such as MyWebData), and then click Next.
    5. In the second screen, click Browse. Locate the content folder that you created to hold the content. Click Next.
    6. In the third screen, click to select Read and Run scripts. Make sure that the other check boxes are cleared. Click Finish to complete the wizard.
    7. For ASP content, you may want to confirm that an application was created. To do this, right-click the new virtual directory, and then click Properties.
    8. On the Virtual Directory tab, make sure that the virtual directory name is listed in the Application Name box under Application Settings. If it is not, click Create. Note that the application name does not have to match the virtual directory alias.
    9. Close the Properties dialog box.

but after run the login aspx page i got the following error

Server Error in '/SamplePortal' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Only elements allowed

Source Error:

Line 3:  
    Line 4:  	<appSettings>
    Line 5:  		<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=(local)\portal;database=SamplePortal;uid=test;pwd=test"/>  
    Line 6:  <add key="CuteChat.ConnectionStringProvider" value="SamplePortal.ConnectionStringProvider,SamplePortal"/>
    Line 7:  	 </appSettings>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SamplePortal\Web\web.config    Line: 5

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
  •  10-01-2005, 3:52 AM 11275 in reply to 11274

Re: CuteChat-Config error

hai,

Here i send my web.config file ,is it any errors? plz guide me to run cutechat in my application

what is the meaning for

>>"Make sure you remove your database access information when posting the code."

thanks for ur reply
    mekalaasri
  •  10-03-2005, 10:35 PM 11335 in reply to 11275

•  10-04-2005, 8:16 AM 11357 in reply to 11335

thanks for ur mail adam

here i send web.config file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<configuration>

<appSettings>

<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=aspii;database=SamplePortal;uid=sa;pwd=nissi123" />

<add key="CuteChat.ConnectionStringProvider" value="SamplePortal.ConnectionStringProvider,SamplePortal" />

</appSettings>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off" />

<authentication mode="Forms">

<forms name=".UserManagementASPXAUTH" loginUrl="~/Login.aspx" />

</authentication>

<authorization>

<!--<deny users="?" />-->

<allow users="*" />

</authorization>

</system.web>

</configuration>

is it correct?
    plz reply me
    i have an urgent work

thanks
    mekalaasri

•  10-05-2005, 1:23 AM 11412 in reply to 11357

plz anybody reply this post

thanks
    mekalaasri
  •  10-05-2005, 1:26 AM 11413 in reply to 11412

•  10-06-2005, 12:28 AM 11467 in reply to 11413

plz adam

i posted my web.config ,which u asked

while i run login.aspx file of sampleportal (downloaded from ur site),the follg. error came.

Server Error in '/SamplePortal' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Only elements allowed

Source Error:

Line 3:  
    Line 4:  	<appSettings>
    Line 5:  		<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=(local)\portal;database=SamplePortal;uid=test;pwd=test"/>  
    Line 6:  <add key="CuteChat.ConnectionStringProvider" value="SamplePortal.ConnectionStringProvider,SamplePortal"/>
    Line 7:  	 </appSettings>

plz reply me as early as possible

thanks

mekalaasri

View as RSS news feed in XML