Change App Path

Last post 08-13-2014, 9:00 AM by Kenneth. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-11-2014, 10:34 AM 80392

Change App Path

By default you drop the files into: webroot\aspuploader

For programming continuity on our site, I would like to place the files into webroot\cgi-bin\aspuploader.

1, I can drop the  include file where it should go and reference it fine by: <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/aspuploader/include_aspuploader.asp" -->

2, In the top of  ajaxuploaderhandler.asp and ajaxuploaderresource.asp, I can change the line to be <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/aspuploader/include_aspuploader.asp" --> as well.

It is still looking for the files to be located at webroot\aspuploader still though.  How can I change this?

•  08-11-2014, 6:46 PM 80393 in reply to 80392

Re: Change App Path

Hi jmdl1983,

Please check the screenshot below, it is my folder structure of the asp uploader test site.

And below is the example page code which works fine with the folder structure.

1. <%@  language="VBScript" %>  
    2. <!-- #include virtual = "aspuploader/cgi-bin/aspuploader/include_aspuploader.asp" -->   
    3. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">  
    4. <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
    5. <head>  
    6.     <title>example  
    7.     </title>  
    8. </head>  
    9. <body>  
    10.     <div>  
    11.         <form id="form1">  
    12.             <%   
    13.             Dim uploader  
    14.             Set uploader=new AspUploader  
    15.             uploader.Name="myuploader"  
    16.             %>  
    17.             <%=uploader.GetString() %>  
    18.         </form>  
    19.     </div>  
    20. </body>  
    21. </html>  

I did not change any other file/code with the  "aspuploader" folder.

Regards,

Ken 

•  08-12-2014, 9:59 AM 80398 in reply to 80393

Following some more testing, I discovered that you can move the folder and it will continue to use cached files for a while.

After  a restart of IIS, it did discover the new location of the files but how does it arbitrarily choose the path to use?

IE - I put the files into webroot\cgi-bin\aspuploader, but as well I had an old version of the files in webroot\aspuploader-old.

The script automatically picked up the aspuploader-old\resources\uploader.js file, rather then looking in the same directory that

<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/aspuploader/include_aspuploader.asp" --> that is called from.

What if for say testing purposes, I wished to have two different versions installed on the same machine, but in different paths?  How can I tell the script where to look for ALL related files, or is this not possible?

•  08-13-2014, 9:00 AM 80399 in reply to 80398

Hi,

The path should based on <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/aspuploader/include_aspuploader.asp" -->, can you delete the "webroot\aspuploader-old"  to try again? Does it get any error? did you changed some path from /cgi-bin/aspuploader/ folder? so it trying to loads the resource files from the new path you set?

Regards,

Ken 

View as RSS news feed in XML