DialogFilter not filtering

Last post 03-06-2013, 1:05 PM by Kenneth. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-25-2013, 12:08 AM 76911

DialogFilter not filtering

Using the PHP File UpLoader I am having problems getting DialogFilter to properly show image files in widows 7.

the syntax that I'm using is

$uploader->DialogFilter="Images (jpg/gif/png)|*.jpg;*.gif;*.png";
     When its present windows displays "All Files"  when its commented out windows displays "Custom Files".

What am I doing wrong? 

Pleaser refer to this link for an simplified example    http://bandit-radio.com/phpfileuploader/dialogfilter.php

Thanks

Daryl

•  02-25-2013, 1:29 PM 76915 in reply to 76911

Re: DialogFilter not filtering

Hi pickledham,

The dialog filter function is based on silverlight/flash plug-in. You can set the upload type to Silverlight or Flash, if the browser has the plug-in installed, the dialog filter will shows for them.

$uploader->UploadType="Silverlight";

The dialog filter just a client side function, the uploader control will verify the file at server side too. So the user will not allow to upload the file extension which has not set in property "AllowedFileExtensions".

Regards,

Ken 

•  02-26-2013, 5:49 PM 76927 in reply to 76915

Thanks! That solves everything now.
  •  03-05-2013, 3:00 PM 76982 in reply to 76927

Yup, i was wondering why it didn't work for me too, because i've followed the manual and there was nothing about changing uploaderType there.

http://phpfileuploader.com/document/index.htm#page=ClassReference/CuteWebUI.UploaderBase.DialogFilter.html

Any differences between flash and silverlight thought? I mean especially for browser support, or that doeasnt matter ?

•  03-06-2013, 1:05 PM 76990 in reply to 76982

Hi sahar,

The silverlight mode will separate the upload file as a few pieces to upload, and it will  stable than the flash mode. And under the windows authentication and SSL, the silverlight mode will work better than flash mode too.

Regards,

Ken 

View as RSS news feed in XML