Security issues with Cute Editor

Last post 08-21-2012, 2:16 PM by astearns. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-16-2012, 5:01 PM 74444

Security issues with Cute Editor

This is a strange  issue, so I'll do my best to explain. I'm using Cute Editor to replace the current text editor we are using on our website. So far in testing I've been very happy with it, however part of our website (called admin) requires a user to have a certain level of clearance in order to edit content.

The editor itself appears fine here but any buttons on the menu that create a pop up (paste from word, preview etc.) cause the following error message:

Server Error 401: Unauthorized: access is denied due to invalid credentials. 

It doesn't look like it's a problem with our web security and has something to do with Cute Editor itself. Any ideas? 

Edit: I should probably note that the effects seem to vary from user to user. Those with administrative access only receive this error on one of the pop up menus, while others get this prompt simply when navigating the page.
  •  08-17-2012, 8:15 AM 74445 in reply to 74444

Re: Security issues with Cute Editor

Hi astearns,

Try allow anonymous user to access folder "CuteSoft_Client". Or give the full permission to user "Everyone" of this folder to test it.

Keep me posted.

Ken 
  •  08-17-2012, 12:50 PM 74450 in reply to 74445

Hi Kenneth,

That worked perfectly! Out of curiosity, why did that cause an error?

Also, I have one other item you may be able to help me with. When the editor loads for about half a second I get a message in the text area like the following:

Server Error in '/' Application

Requested URL: /CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditorDefualt.aspx 

This doesn't have an effect on the functionality as the editor still works. 

Thanks for your reply! 
  •  08-20-2012, 3:42 AM 74456 in reply to 74450

Hi astearns,

Can you show me the full error message? Or maybe you can attached a screenshot to show it?

Regards,

Ken 

•  08-20-2012, 11:28 AM 74461 in reply to 74456

Sure, no problem.

I wasn't able to upload pictures last week for some reason, but am able to now. The error is above. Like I said, this only happen for about half a second when the editor first loads then goes away. The editor works without any problems I would just like to remove this error message so it doesn't appear as if anything is wrong. 

•  08-20-2012, 7:23 PM 74462 in reply to 74461

Hello ,

Now I don't know how it happends.

I suggest you put a blank file 'Default.aspx' in the /CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/ to fix it quickly.

Regards,

Terry 

•  08-21-2012, 2:16 PM 74466 in reply to 74462

Thank you! That seems to have worked!
View as RSS news feed in XML