New to CMS - need help

Last post 08-16-2012, 8:03 AM by Kenneth. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-15-2012, 10:09 PM 74427

New to CMS - need help

Hello,

I've been developing in ASP.Net (web apps with SQL integration) for several years but the concept of CMS is new to me.   I followed the guide and got CuteEditor installed on me web application project but I'm stuck.  Are there any code samples out there to show how to use/integrate CuteEditor to an existing site?  The questions I have may be common sense for most but I'm just trying to wrap my head around it.

Questions are:
    If I use CuteEditor to generate the html code then capture that code on SAVE, how do I use that new code to update my existing page or edit my existing page?  Does it write to the ASPX page directly or do I have to save it to a DB and output it to the page I want?  Am I even making sense?

Hope someone can help point me in the right direction.  A simple sample project code will go a long way.   Thanks!!!
  •  08-16-2012, 7:16 AM 74434 in reply to 74427

Re: New to CMS - need help

Perhaps I got it wrong assuming that CuteEditor is a CMS.  Further reading is telling me that it is not.  It is a WYSIWYG that will create html code from rich text.

My question then is this.   Is there C# code samples on how to do the following?

1) Capture the generated HTML code so that it can saved on the DB.
    2) Pass the HTML code from the DB and have it render in the editor in the proper format.

Any code samples are welcome in helping me understand how to best implement and use CuteEditor.

Thanks.
  •  08-16-2012, 8:03 AM 74435 in reply to 74434

Re: New to CMS - need help

Hi babonik,

1) Capture the generated HTML code so that it can saved on the DB.

You can get the html content by property "Text" of editor at server side c# code, like  editor1.Text

2) Pass the HTML code from the DB and have it render in the editor in the proper format.
    You can set the html content for the editor by property "Text", like  editor1.Text = "my content";

Regards,

Ken 
View as RSS news feed in XML