Disappearing Style Tag Contents on Save

Last post 05-08-2012, 12:28 PM by Ilana. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-07-2012, 11:15 AM 73740

Disappearing Style Tag Contents on Save

Hi

We are having a very strange issue.   When we edit in CuteSoft and then click save, the first character of the style tag in the head of our document goes missing.  Subsequent saves always remove one more character.

So here is what we have when we start out:

<html><head><title></title><style>A:link {text-decoration: underline; color: #a20607;}

And here is what happens after we save: 
    <html>    <head>      <title>      </title>      <style><![CDATA[:link {text-decoration: underline; color: #a20607;} 

Notice the missing "A".

It doesn't matter what styles are in the head of the document the result is always the same.

One futher clue, in case it helps... If we save using the regular save icon in the toolbar it works the same as if we are using the remove whitespace and save button. However, if we insert a carriage return in the style tag and use the regular save icon in the toolbar the code does not get messed up.  But if we use the remove whitespace button, which is what we need to do, even with the carriage return, after the second time there is no carriage return and it gets messed up.

I can send you the full example of what happens before/after a save and/or I can send you the steps to reproduce it if you want.

Thanks.
    Ilana

•  05-07-2012, 2:55 PM 73742 in reply to 73740

Re: Disappearing Style Tag Contents on Save

Hi Ilana,

Please send me your example and show me the full steps to reproduce this issue, I will check it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  05-08-2012, 12:28 PM 73744 in reply to 73742

Re: Disappearing Style Tag Contents on Save

Hi Ken,

I have sent it to you by email.

Thank you!
    Ilana
View as RSS news feed in XML