Issues with images

Last post 02-12-2012, 9:47 PM by Kenneth. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-07-2012, 4:48 PM 72950

Issues with images

I just downloaded the rich text area, and am just having a problem with the Image Gallery and the Insert Image.

When I click on Image Gallery, the window opens and it shows place holders for the images and shows the names and information when I point at them, but it doesn't show the images, and when I click on it, it places the code in the window, but it replaces the "\" with "%5C" and adds a "/" right before the image name.

When I click on Insert Image, it shows a list of the image names on the left. When I click one of the files, it puts the information in the Url field, but it removes the "\" so it just comes through as one long string. Also, the image doesn't appear in the preview pane.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Mike
  •  02-08-2012, 6:55 AM 72953 in reply to 72950

Re: Issues with images

Hi darthmikeyd,

Can you reproduce this issue on http://www.cutesoft.net/asp/EnableAll.asp ? If so, please show me the full steps, it will be very helpful.

If this issue only happens on your site, then please post your editor page url and show me the steps to reproduce it on your site. We will check it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  02-08-2012, 10:47 PM 72964 in reply to 72953

Hi Ken

Thanks for the response.  I tested the link you sent and had no problem. It works fine there. I believe the problem is only with the code on my site for telling it where to look for the images and how to display it. Here is the link to the page so you can look at what I have:

http://eaglesnest-testserver.net/radracers/backend/edit.asp?editpage=home

To recreate it, simply click on the Image Gallery and Insert Image buttons, and you will see what the issue is.

Thanks
    Mike
  •  02-09-2012, 6:09 AM 72966 in reply to 72964

Hi darthmikeyd,

What value you set for the gallery path?

Please refer to http://www.cutesoft.net/asp/document/scr/Specifying-images-path.htm to set the gallery path.

Create a folder name "uploads" under the root of your site, then set <security name="ImageGalleryPath">/uploads</security>

Regards,

Ken 
  •  02-09-2012, 12:34 PM 72971 in reply to 72966

Hi Ken

I have the gallery path set as this: editor.ImageGalleryPath = "D:\Hosting\darthmikeyd\_sites\eaglesnest-testserver\radracers\images\"

I also have the 3 security files set as the same. However, I don't think this is the issue. I believe the issue has to do with the code in the pages that is used to display the images. As I mentioned before, the "\" are being removed when I click on a image in Insert Image, and the image previews are not being displayed in Image Gallery. Did you try the sample on my page in the link I posted so you could see what was happening?

Thanks for the help. I think once we get it working, this application is going to be perfect for my applications.

Mike
  •  02-10-2012, 7:19 AM 72976 in reply to 72971

Hi darthmikeyd,

Please use the Virtual path like editor.ImageGalleryPath = "\Uploads", do not use the Physical path

Open the "Insert gallery" dialog, right click on the image and check the path, you will see the path like below, this is the problem. 

d:\Hosting\darthmikeyd\_sites\eaglesnest-testserver\radracers\images\/Boba-Fett-chicken-WTF.jpg 

Regards,

Ken 
  •  02-10-2012, 1:01 PM 72983 in reply to 72976

I set the path as you said above, and I placed a folder called uploads in the same directory the asp page is located, and I also placed a upload folder in the root of the web site, but every time I click on the Insert Gallery, I get the following message:

"Folder /uploads does not exist! Please use ImageGalleryPath property to specify the Image gallery path!"
  •  02-10-2012, 7:57 PM 72988 in reply to 72976

I got it to work!!! Thanks for the help!!!

One last question, is there a way for me to get the text box to open Fit to Window?

Thanks
    Mike
  •  02-12-2012, 9:47 PM 72994 in reply to 72988

Hi darthmikeyd,

Which text box? The textarea of Editor?

If yes, please set editor.FullPage=true

Regards,

Ken 
View as RSS news feed in XML