Editor Removing Inline CSS

Last post 12-20-2011, 2:04 PM by solepixel. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-20-2011, 12:52 AM 72362

Editor Removing Inline CSS

I'm trying to use the editor to build an email template and when the page posts the content, my inline CSS styles are getting cut out of the HTML. Is there a property that is set incorrectly that would be doing this?  It's very frustrating since I need the inline styles to go along with my email template. Any idea how to keep these styles in the content?
    Filed under:
  •  12-20-2011, 3:24 AM 72367 in reply to 72362

Re: Editor Removing Inline CSS

Hi solepixel,

Please try demo http://phphtmledit.com/Edithtml.php with your html content.

click the save button, then editor will posts the content and shows in the textarae, does it cut your inline styles too?

If it works for you, please use the editor code which used in the demo page. It should works for you too.  You can find the demo page code in your download package.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  12-20-2011, 11:02 AM 72373 in reply to 72367

Ok, I think I figured out that the problem wasn't the editor, however my server's security module (ModSecurity) was flagging this post data with the rule "PCRE limits exceeded". Working with my host to resolve it, but if anyone else runs into this, this may be helpful information.
  •  12-20-2011, 12:27 PM 72374 in reply to 72373

This actually may not have been the only issue. I'm still having trouble with this. Not sure if I have an option set incorrectly, or an option not set, but it's the same code I use in other places on the site, not sure why it's doing this on this occasion.
  •  12-20-2011, 2:04 PM 72376 in reply to 72374

Ok, I'm not sure why, but I discovered that the problem is that I was naming my editor with the ID of "content". More than likely this conflicted with something else on the page. Changing the name resolved my issue. I feel like I've been here before a long time ago. Hate that I didn't note this somewhere...
View as RSS news feed in XML