FF8 MAJOR bug

Last post 12-12-2011, 9:15 AM by rubendevries. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-12-2011, 9:15 AM 71963

FF8 MAJOR bug

Hello fellow webdevelopers,

Thanks to the awesome short release cycles for most browsers (sarcasm) I asume you guys are going mad on testing different version with such an platform-dependant product as a WYSIWYG editor.

I've found a rather shitty bug when using FF8, I can't reproduce it in webkit (chrome / safari) and I do not have access to IE atm and I think I've done you enough favors by testing chrome and safari at least :D

First of all I recorded my screen demonstrating the bug: http://www.messwithyou.com/cuteeditor-bug-FF-8.mpeg
    The recording was made using your curent demo site and just a few minutes before writing this post so it should be up to date to the latest version I suppose!

At the bottom of you post I've written a more detailed explanation.

The bug seems rather weird, and it doesn't happen if I grab the HTML halfway through, refresh the page and then test it.
    It's really nasty since it fucks up the text completely and if the user is stupid enough to save his article the content will become a mess and fixing it will often just cause the same bug to happen again.
    Good luck and I hope you can get a fix out soon,

Ruben de Vries

Now for the textual explanation:
     - When editing some text with a rather long line that wraps (using the below HTML as example)
     - If I place the carot at the start of the last paragraph
     - And tap backspace a few times so that it gets merged into the previous paragraph
     - And then hit return a few times in a random place in the paragraph
     - Some of the text leaps over the previously-3rd-paragraph 

HTML USED TO DEMO BUG
    ---------------------------------------

<p>This is the first paragraph. We don't care about it much. </p>
    <p>This is the second paragraph. It will wrap since this text is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really long. <br />
    </p>
    <p>This is the third paragraph ...</p> 
View as RSS news feed in XML