Questions about Admin user functions

Last post 05-30-2005, 10:51 AM by Carolyn. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-26-2005, 5:35 PM 7061

Questions about Admin user functions

Hello.
    I read the User's Guide to try to understand how some of the functions work but couldn't find the answers.
    Below is a list of questions regarding the Admin user functions:

1) Anonymous Users are not allowed in a chat room (even though set up to allow them - as posted earlier)

2) Bad Word Filter - is there documentation on how the various options work.  I set up a bad word and set it to wildcard but when I used the word in my Chat room, the message just said "message not sent - text contains <bad word>".  It listed the bad word anyway in the message so I'm confused as to how this works.

3) I *assumed* that the Moderator's function was to let messages through to a Chat room.  When I tested a Moderator, I couldn't figure out what their function is.  I couldn't right click on a user to kick them out.  I am really hoping that the Moderator can allow or disallow messages to go through to the Chat room.

4) I tried to make a room hidden to remove access to it.  Clicking the hidden checkbox in Room Administrator didn't remove access from the default.aspx page.

If there is more documentation somewhere on how to do the above things - please let me know and I'll research there rather than bother you on the Support forum.  I need to have answers to these questions for the user before they will purchase the product.

Thanks so much!

•  05-30-2005, 10:45 AM 7114 in reply to 7061

Re: Questions about Admin user functions

Here are some screen shots of the set up of my chat room.  As you can see, I have Anonymous set in both the Global and Room Administration but it still won't allow anonymous access.

SelectIDNamePasswordHiddenEnablePublicAnonymousIntegrationModerator ListDelete
    Select2Trauma I TrueTrueTrueTrue careEditDelete

above is in Room Administration

below is the Global Configuration:

Global Access Control

Flood Control / Set how many messages in how many seconds constitutes a flood.
    Defalult: 5 messages / 10 seconds.
    File Upload FiltersRestricting Upload Files by Extensions and Types
    Defalult: "txt,chm,doc,xls,psd,pdf,ppt,zip,rar,gz,bmp,png,gif,jpg,swf,mp3,wmv,rm,rmvb"
    Max File Upload SizeDefalult: 100000 byte
    Max length of a single wordSet th maximum length of a single word.
    Defalult: 30
    Max length of a message Set th maximum length of a message.
    Defalult: 10000
    Allow send fileDefault (False)TrueFalse
    Allow anonymousDefault (False)TrueFalse
    Allow private chatDefault (False)TrueFalse
  •  05-30-2005, 10:51 AM 7115 in reply to 7061

Re: Questions about Admin user functions

Ok, I found the problem with the Anonymous user:

The Global Configuration states it as "Allow Anonymous" true/false but what is stored in the Chat_Config database is the opposite in meaning.  The database states it as "GlobalDenyAnonymous".  So you *think* you are setting anonymous user when you choose true in the Admin page but it reverses the meaning!

That's a little confusing...
View as RSS news feed in XML