Insert Link crashes when the Eduitor has been opened in a pop up window (using window.open)

Last post 02-01-2011, 8:27 AM by Eric. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-05-2011, 2:48 AM 65592

Insert Link crashes when the Eduitor has been opened in a pop up window (using window.open)

Hi,
    This has only started happening after I updated the files for cute editor on december 24th. I have also tried the latest files again but the issue remains there. A yellow javascript error appears when i click on insert link and then when i specify a URL, it only creates <a> </a> tags and doesnt put the href in it.

If i open the page containing cute editor in the same window (instead of using window.open) there is no error and the insert link works fine.
  •  01-05-2011, 9:33 AM 65595 in reply to 65592

Re: Insert Link crashes when the Eduitor has been opened in a pop up window (using window.open)

Dear ussu36,

http://cutesoft.net/asp/EnableAll.asp , Can you reproduce this issue in this online demo? I have tried it on my end, I cannot reproduce.

If i open the page containing cute editor in the same window (instead of using window.open) there is no error and the insert link works fine.

Can you post your runnable code here? We can check this issue based on your code.

Thank you for asking

•  02-01-2011, 8:27 AM 65987 in reply to 65595

Re: Insert Link crashes when the Eduitor has been opened in a pop up window (using window.open)

Dear ussu36,

I have tested your code on my end, it works fine. That error is not thrown. This issue is not related to your code.

You can follow steps:

1.     Rename folder “\cuteeditor_files” in your site to “\cuteeditor_files(bak)”

2.     Download cuteeditor for asp latest version

3.     Unzip it

4.     Copy “\cuteeditor_files” to your site

5.     Test it again.

Thank you for your business
    Eric@cutesoft.net 

View as RSS news feed in XML