Remove function Dosent work in example Building attachment table (AJAX) if savedirectory option is used

Last post 11-07-2010, 8:22 PM by cutechat. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-02-2010, 12:49 AM 64832

Remove function Dosent work in example Building attachment table (AJAX) if savedirectory option is used

In following example

Building attachment table (AJAX)

i want to save uploaded file in some directory, and from the table create with download and remove link, i should be able to remove the file from the directory where i have saved the uploaded image, so i added

$uploader->SaveDirectory="E:/SERVER/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/myfolder123/post_images/";

it saves the file in above mentioned folder but the FilePath in the table displayed with "remove" option is not updated to these path and hence the remove link dosent delete file from above savedirectory path

pls guide how can i achieve this

- prad

•  11-03-2010, 1:39 AM 64855 in reply to 64832

Re: Remove function Dosent work in example Building attachment table (AJAX) if savedirectory option is used

i am facing lot of problem with this php file uploader ajax version, i wish to buy this for one of my project, if it works well i plan to use it in multiple domain... but kindly solve my issues

1. move uploaded image file to other location and should be able to reflect this new moved path in ajax attachment table created
    2. should be able to delete the moved file by clicking on "remove" link in attachment table
    3. call i add watermark to image that i uploaded, where shall i add the code in ajax example
    4. after adding the thumbnail code, the ajax attachment table dosent get created

kindly help with above
    - prad
  •  11-04-2010, 4:06 AM 64875 in reply to 64855

Re: Remove function Dosent work in example Building attachment table (AJAX) if savedirectory option is used

Hi,

That ajax sample is for helping customer to understand how the 'temp files' can be accessed by the mvcfile API.

If the temp is moved , the API will not works.

So , once you decide to move the file to some where , you must maintain it by your custom way.

Regards,
    Terry

•  11-04-2010, 7:22 AM 64878 in reply to 64875

how can i point to new path where we have moved the file using mvcfile reference...
  •  11-07-2010, 8:22 PM 64907 in reply to 64878

Hi,

You shall have a database , which save the path with the current data context.

For example , you create a gallery applicaiton,

You want to peope upload images

So you shall have a 'photo-id'

Before you move the file , you shall shave the 'photo-id' , and the file path to the database.

And list the photos from database .

Once you move the file , you shall not use mvcfile object anymore.

Regards,
    Terry
View as RSS news feed in XML