AjaxUploader Control Upload is Slow and Then Fails

Last post 09-28-2010, 10:16 AM by Adam. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-21-2010, 8:17 PM 64131

AjaxUploader Control Upload is Slow and Then Fails

Hi and thanks for taking a moment. I have a web app that uses  the AjaxUploader control to upload some fairly big files to our servers. (Between 100-200MB in size). We are only uploading 1 file at a time. Normally the uploader does its thing and works well.

But for some reason on certain isolated clients it will upload the files rather slowly. . Example. I am testing from home right now, with a cable internet connection,  and am only getting about 51KB/second.  So a 166 MB file takes somewhere near 50 minutes. Even more puzzling is after the upload completes I get what appears to be a javascript error of some sort.  A big screen pops up that basically shows me the source code ohf the html header. See the image below. Iam using IE 8 as my iweb browser.Any direction on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Jason Livengood
  •  09-22-2010, 8:00 AM 64137 in reply to 64131

Re: AjaxUploader Control Upload is Slow and Then Fails

Dear jazzcatone,

you must specify a temporary file location. You should ensure that the ASPNET user (NetworkService in Windows Server 2003) has read/write permission to this specified folder.

You can easily specify the temporary file location using the following two methods:

1. Using TempDirectory property

For example:

<CuteWebUI:Uploader id="Uploader1" TempDirectory="~/UploaderTemp" runat="server"></CuteWebUI:Uploader>
    2. Setting temporary file location in web.config

Add the following tag into the <appSettings> element of your application web.config file:
      <add key="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.TempDirectory" value="~/UploaderTemp"/>

In web farm environments, the Url that you specify must map to a central location, which is saved to by all servers in the farm. This can be done using a virtual directory that maps to a common shared folder on the network.

<add key="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.TempDirectory" value="\\shareserver\temp"/>
    After set a temporary directory and try it again.
    Keep us posted.

Thank you for asking

•  09-28-2010, 9:02 AM 64223 in reply to 64137

Actually this seems to b related to session timeout. We have a 20 minute session timeout on our web app. If the upload takes more than 20 minutes this is the result. Basically I need a way to adjust the timeout value (make it higher) before the upload begins. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Jason Livengood
  •  09-28-2010, 10:16 AM 64227 in reply to 64223

View as RSS news feed in XML