cute chat in DNN

Last post 07-08-2010, 7:08 PM by Eric. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-08-2010, 7:34 AM 62365

cute chat in DNN

gday
    Ive followed the instruction to the letter to installing cute chat to dnn, now everything went well until I install the programn I keep comming up with critical error (no other error message) I am using DNN 5x whereis the program says dnn 4x I dont know if that would make a difference.

the other item I maybe getting confused about is these instructions

Modify web.config file and Specify the CuteChat.DataDirectory

<appSettings>
       <add key="CuteChat.DataDirectory" value="DesktopModules/CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat" />
      </appSettings>

I know I have them in the correct place but do I have to modify ="CuteChat.DataDirectory  at all,  to my database name Server=campingwa.db.6305797.xxxxxxx

thanking you for any answers
  •  07-08-2010, 6:57 PM 62371 in reply to 62365

Re: cute chat in DNN

<appSettings>
       <add key="CuteChat.DataDirectory" value="DesktopModules/CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat" />
      </appSettings>

This is the path of cutechat installation files.  It has nothing to do with your database.  You will finish the database script installation in step 2: (http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Chat/Deployment/NukeChat4/Deployment.htm)

2. Execute SQLScripts\CuteChat5.sql against your DotNetNuke database

• Open your SQL Server Query Analyzer from within Enterprise Manager.
    • Once you have successfully connected to your SQL Server within query analyzer, open and execute the Chat SQL file(SQLScripts\CuteChat5.sql) against your DotNetNuke database.

Regards,
    Eric
  •  07-08-2010, 7:01 PM 62372 in reply to 62371

ok well that is all  set up ok, still getting the critical error, been over it a dozen times , redone the step 2 all successfull again , the conclusion im comming to is cute chat is not compatible with dnn 5.4.
  •  07-08-2010, 7:08 PM 62373 in reply to 62372

still getting the critical error?
    Can you take a screenshot and post it here or send to eric@cutesoft.net?

Regards,
    Eric
View as RSS news feed in XML