IE8 Doctype Issue

Last post 05-12-2010, 9:51 PM by Kenneth. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-07-2010, 8:24 PM 60826

IE8 Doctype Issue

My slideshow comes up blank  if IE8 is not in compatibility mode. if I switch to compatibility mode its fine. Other browsers are fine. The only way I can get slideshow mode to show the images is if I remove the doctype from the page and leave no doctype (quirks mode)...

Other modes like gridshow and classic work fine both ways. I currently have the gallery in a page with with no doctype defined and I'm viewing it through an iframe until I can get this resolved.
  •  05-12-2010, 9:51 PM 60973 in reply to 60826

Re: IE8 Doctype Issue

regrossman:
    My slideshow comes up blank  if IE8 is not in compatibility mode. if I switch to compatibility mode its fine. Other browsers are fine. The only way I can get slideshow mode to show the images is if I remove the doctype from the page and leave no doctype (quirks mode)...

Other modes like gridshow and classic work fine both ways. I currently have the gallery in a page with with no doctype defined and I'm viewing it through an iframe until I can get this resolved.

Hi regrossman,

I tested your doctype on ie8 with XP and vista, it works fine on both 2 system.

Can you reproduce this issue on another pc? Or only happen on your pc?

Can you try a simple page like below on your site?

1. <%@ Page Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false" %>   
    5. <%@ Register TagPrefix="DotNetGallery" Namespace="DotNetGallery" Assembly="DotNetGallery" %>   
    7. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"  
    11.    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">   
    13. <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">   
    15. <head>   
    17.     <title>SlideShow Layout - DotNetGallery</title>   
    19. </head>   
    21. <body>   
    23.     <form id="form1" runat="server">   
    25.         <DotNetGallery:GalleryBrowser runat="server" ID="GalleryBrowser1" Width="720" Height="400"  Layout="SlideShow"/>   
    27.     </form>   
    29. </body>   
    31. </html>  

Is your site online? If so, please send me the test page url, I will test it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

ken

View as RSS news feed in XML