Error adding Category

Last post 12-31-2009, 8:51 AM by ventura. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-29-2009, 7:07 PM 57977

Error adding Category

Hi: When I attempt to add a new category, I get the following message: File already exists at DotNetGallery.GalleryFileSystemDataProvider.......  Has anyone resolved this issue?  Thanks.

•  12-30-2009, 12:53 AM 57980 in reply to 57977

Re: Error adding Category

Hi ventura,

I can not reproduce this issue.

Can you reproduce it on online demo? Is so, please show me the steps, it will very helpful.

Demo:

Keep me posted.

Regards,

ken

•  12-30-2009, 12:40 PM 57992 in reply to 57980

Re: Error adding Category

Hi Ken: Thanks for the response.  I cannot reproduce the error in the demo, but I simply click on "add category" in an Explorer layout page and that's when the message occurs.  I'd like to send a screenshot but I'm not authorized to add attachments in this forum.   
  •  12-31-2009, 8:51 AM 58006 in reply to 57980

Re: Error adding Category RESOLVED

Resolved: An error occurred prior to this one that indicated file ALBUM.CONFIG could not be modified.  

Application tried to modify ALBUM.CONFIG but was not able to due to insufficient permissions. A message did initially appear indicating the condition.

Application successfully created the folder for the new category.

Upon subsequent requests to create a new category, the message (file already exists) appeared because a ALBUM.CONFIG did not contain updated data for the categories and the app tried to create a folder that already existed.

Bottom line: This error will occur if ALBUM.CONFING does not have a MODIFY permission. If the error does occur, change the permissions on the file and delete any folders corresponding to the categories that you tried to create (when the error occurred).

View as RSS news feed in XML