CuteEditor

Last post 12-01-2009, 6:30 PM by hassan. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-26-2009, 9:06 PM 57446

CuteEditor

We have found the following problems with the CuteEditor:
    1- In internet Explorer, if you set the body of the editor to black and then add a table, the outline of the table does not appear so users wont know where they are.

2- Again in Internet Explorer, if you add a combo box for example the Css combo box, the toolbar layout gets completely messed up with the combo box offset from the other buttons

3- Is there any way to fix the width of an added table so that users cant expand the width beyond a certain point! 

4. Is there any way to give tables default styles?

5- If you set in the web.config smartNavigation for all pages and then bring up the page with the editor on it and then navigate to another page then use the browser back button to go back to the page with the editor, you get a script error.  If you take out smartNavigation , then the error does not occur!

Would appreciate any assistance
  •  11-26-2009, 11:48 PM 57451 in reply to 57446

Re: CuteEditor

Hi hasssan,

How to change the insert table style

1. Open file "CuteSoft_Client\CuteEditor\Scripts\Constant.js".

2. Find section below, you can change the style there.

editorconstant._CreateEditingTableStyle = "<table border='0' cellspacing='2' cellpadding='2' width='500'>";

Note: you can click on the 'visible borders' button of the editor toolbar to show the table border

About question 2

Can you show me the steps to reproduce it and give me a screenshot to show this issue?

About question 5

I can not reproduce this issue. Can you create a test page on your site, so I can test it?

Regards,

ken
  •  11-27-2009, 8:12 PM 57470 in reply to 57451

Re: CuteEditor

Hi Ken,
    Many thanks for your reply.
    I will send a screenshot of the toolbar being messed up in IE8. But if you switch on Compatibility on IE8 I am sure you will also see what I mean.

In the meantime, we have found ONE issue with the editor generating errors when smart navigation is on.
    On the same page that we have the editor, we also have several ajax uploaders. There is a conflict between the Uploaders:

CS0104: 'UploaderEventArgs' is an ambiguous reference between
    'CuteEditor.UploaderEventArgs' and 'CuteWebUI.UploaderEventArgs'

CS0104: 'Uploader' is an ambiguous reference between 'CuteEditor.Uploader' and  'CuteWebUI.Uploader'

However, even if we fully qualify the classes for the uploaders (and we have no code for uploading regarding the editor), we still get errors. Just put an editor on one of your AjaxUploader samples (Start-uploading-manually.aspx) and try uploading a file and you will get errors.

Rgards
    Hassan
  •  11-29-2009, 6:35 PM 57480 in reply to 57470

Re: CuteEditor Incompatible with AjaxUploader on Same Page when smartNavigation is ON

Could please someone let us know whether the CuteEditor problem being on the same page as an AjaxUploader incompatibility when smartNavigation is On can be solved or do we have to abandon using the CuteEditor.

Your speedy reply would be greatly appreciated.
  •  11-30-2009, 12:00 AM 57487 in reply to 57480

Re: CuteEditor Incompatible with AjaxUploader on Same Page when smartNavigation is ON

Hi hassan,

CuteEditor inclue AjaxUploader, try use CE:Uploader(Uploader in CuteEditor)  replace CuteWebUI:Uploader(AjaxUploader)

<%@ Register Assembly="CuteEditor" Namespace="CuteEditor" TagPrefix="CE" %>
      <CE:Uploader ID="upload1" runat="server">
            </CE:Uploader>

Regards,

ken
  •  11-30-2009, 11:58 AM 57499 in reply to 57487

Thanks for your reply ken.
    Could you also please advise of the classes and namespaces we have to use in the web.config when using the uploader of the editor for various parameters such as temp directory and size restrictions. Many thanks
  •  11-30-2009, 12:06 PM 57500 in reply to 57480

hassan:
    Could please someone let us know whether the CuteEditor problem being on the same page as an AjaxUploader incompatibility when smartNavigation is On can be solved or do we have to abandon using the CuteEditor.

Your speedy reply would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the online demo.

It works fine here.

asp.net Chat http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Chat/default.aspx
    Web Messenger: http://cutesoft.net/Web-Messenger/default.aspx
    asp.net wysiwyg editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx
    asp wysiwyg html editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP
    asp.net Image Gallery: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Image+Gallery/default.aspx
    Live Support: http://cutesoft.net/live-support/default.aspx

•  11-30-2009, 12:12 PM 57501 in reply to 57500

Of course it works THERE because you have not enabled smartNavigation in the web.config. This is obvious as the page jumps to the top when the upload is finished.

The problem occurs when smartNavigation is set ON in the web.Config. Please note what I am trying to explain as THERE IS A PROPBLEM.
    This is our last try to get an honest response.
    Many Thanks.
  •  12-01-2009, 1:15 AM 57516 in reply to 57501

Hi,

When you use CuteEditor & AjaxUploader in same project , I suggest you do not add namespace to the web.config.

You can use full class name when you need declare the event handler or variables.

I have tested smartNavigation , and do not get script error when click the browser back button.

Can you show what script error which you did get ?

Regards,
    Terry
  •  12-01-2009, 6:30 PM 57530 in reply to 57516

Hi Terry,

We are now using the uploader of the Editor itself and still get script error as attached. I have copied the portion of the script that is highlighted on the error which is:

{if(Ox1e[OxO67b8[728]]!=null)

Our page has 10 editor uploaders 1 for each image and we have used the property InsertButton to attach each uploader to an image. Now if you upload 1 image , everything is OK - But when you start uploading the 2nd or 3rd images, then the script errors occur.
    This is so easy to test. As I mentioned we tested this situation with your own sample pages that have no other scripts and the errors DO OCCUR but you MUST set the :
    <pages smartNavigation="true/> in the web.config
     If you do not get the errors after trying to upload several files , please send me the file you think works OK!
    Many thanks

P.S. is there any way for us to use 1 Uploader and then whenever we click 1 image, we invoke the upload and then clicking the next image, we invoke the 2 upload using the same uploader - but we also need a way to identify which element was clicked on the server . In addition everytime we upload an image we need to do something so we cannot use the batch upload scenario of all files at once.

View as RSS news feed in XML