object stripped out when attempting to save embed code for flash or youtube on Joomla 1.5.x

Last post 11-27-2009, 4:21 PM by Eric. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-27-2009, 9:11 AM 57461

object stripped out when attempting to save embed code for flash or youtube on Joomla 1.5.x

CuteEditor version 6.3 on Joomla 1.5.14

I have tried this several ways to get either youtube embed code or a flash video set up and saved but will not work.  Although it seems to work to either use the Youtube embed code button to include a video, as soon as I attempt to save it (Joomla Save) it fails, strips out the object type=flash, etc div leaving behind some param stuff, but no video.

The same happens if I which to HTML code and copy/paste the embed code info into the textarea.  It fails soon as I hit save.  At this point the only way I have to include a video is to swith Joomla's global config to "no editor", add the code, then not mess with the file again using the GUI.

I looked through the plugin configurations but didn't see anything to control this behavior.  Ideas please...
  •  11-27-2009, 4:21 PM 57468 in reply to 57461

Re: object stripped out when attempting to save embed code for flash or youtube on Joomla 1.5.x

Dear koniahin,

I cannot reproduce this issue,  I tested it in Joomla1.5.14 and the latest release CuteEditor for Joomla. Please download the latest release: http://cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/cute-editor-php/entry54375.aspx and test it again. If this issue still exist, you can send your site's access information to eric@cutesoft.net, I will take a look at it.

Regards,
    Eric
View as RSS news feed in XML