Runtime Adding DropDown in Gridview Control got an error - Failed to load viewstate

Last post 11-13-2009, 3:08 AM by Naveen83nov. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-13-2009, 3:08 AM 57110

Runtime Adding DropDown in Gridview Control got an error - Failed to load viewstate

Hello!

I want to add dropdown to my Grid View control. I added that using the inheriting ITemplate but whenever i am doing any action on the page it showing me an error as:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Failed to load viewstate.  The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request.  For example, when adding controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the controls added during the initial request.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Failed to load viewstate.  The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request.  For example, when adding controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the controls added during the initial request.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Failed to load viewstate.  The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request.  For example, when adding controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the controls added during the initial request.]
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) +306
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) +134
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) +221
       System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +312
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1661

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

My Code:

DropDownList ddlAssigne = new DropDownList();
                    ddlAssigne.ID = "ddlAssigne";
                    ddlAssigne.AutoPostBack = false;
                    if (dt != null)
                    {
                        ddlAssigne.DataSource = dt;
                        ddlAssigne.DataValueField = "ID";
                        ddlAssigne.DataTextField = "AcManager";
                        ddlAssigne.DataBind();
                    }
                    else
                        ddlAssigne.Enabled = false;

ddlAssigne.EnableViewState = false;

t.ItemTemplate = new CreateItemTemplateDDL("ddlAssigne", "ID", "AcManager", dt);
                    GrdViewTenders.Columns.Add(t);

I am able to get my desired result only when it get loaded but after that its showing the same error!!

Can anyone help me in this issue. 
View as RSS news feed in XML