Toolbars Resize My Editor Area

Last post 09-22-2009, 12:17 PM by mtiminer. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-21-2009, 7:36 PM 55780

Toolbars Resize My Editor Area

Hello All.

I did an online chat with someone named Eric earlier today and he was helpful, but I need additional assistance. I asked him if I could do the following, and he said yes, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Essentially I'm dynamically going to specify on page load the height and width of the wysiwyg editor area. The dimensions will vary anywhere from 35px wide to 700px wide. Realistically the thinnest area will probably be about 75px.

The editors other functions seem perfect for what I'm doing, but when the editor finally loads the wysiwyg area stretches from 100px (if set by my code) to about 400px.

I don't care if the entire control stretches to accommodate the toolbar area, if it can't be independently sized, but I can not allow a user to modify anything outside of the 100px wide boundary.

Example of what I get, and example of what I'd be ok with (bad ms paint job) below.

Thanks all. If I can get this working then I'll purchase the product straight away.

Would be ok with below: The spray can is just an uneditable area, the redish area is where i need the users to edit.

•  09-22-2009, 4:00 AM 55785 in reply to 55780

Re: Toolbars Resize My Editor Area

Hi mtiminer,

Try the code below

<CE:Editor ID="Editor1" runat="server" UseFloatToolbar="true" Width="75px" ShowBottomBar="false">
            </CE:Editor>

Regards,

Ken
  •  09-22-2009, 12:11 PM 55795 in reply to 55785

Thanks Ken,
    When I use the code below, all I get is this :-(

<CE:Editor id="Editor1" UseFloatToolbar="true" Width="100px" Height="100px" ShowBottomBar="False" UseStandardDialog="True" runat="server" ThemeType="Office2007" >

</CE:Editor>

•  09-22-2009, 12:17 PM 55796 in reply to 55795

Just fyi, I trimmed the UseStandardDialog and ThemeType properties and still no luck :-(
    All i want is the tools to have no direct relation to my content area size. I can't meet my client's requirement with this tool if i can't get the editable area specified. :-/
View as RSS news feed in XML