Content area collapses in Google Chrome

Last post 07-21-2010, 8:02 AM by Eric. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-18-2010, 12:22 PM 62551

Content area collapses in Google Chrome

I've read throughout the forum and found a similar problem but not a resolution. So I'm hoping someone or admin can assist.

I'm using 6.5 (i believe).... downloaded the latest version on July 4th 2010. In Chrome (v 5), there's a huge gap between the bottom of the toolbars and the start of the editor content area. Actually, the gap get's bigger the bigger I set the editor height.

However, I noticed it seems to do it "after" everything loads. In other words, the height is fine, but then a second later it seems to shrink in height (only the content area).

I've stripped everything down on my page to the basics. In fact, the example below is on a page with nothing else and all default settings just to verify I hadn't screwed anything up or have conflicting scripts/codes.

•  07-19-2010, 9:55 AM 62575 in reply to 62551

Re: Content area collapses in Google Chrome

Can you test http://phphtmledit.com/EnableAll.php on your end? Does it work fine on your end? I tested CuteEditor in Chrome 5.0.375.99, cannot reproduce it.  What's your os and browser version?Please send your code to eric@cutesoft.net, I will test your code on my end.
    Regards,
    Eric
  •  07-20-2010, 1:40 AM 62587 in reply to 62575

I did check the link you provided however, that editor there is set with the default height of 300 so it's not noticeable. It only seems to happen when it's greater than the default height of 300.

I've email you with further details and link/ftp to check it out.
  •  07-20-2010, 9:27 AM 62630 in reply to 62587

I have sent email to you, I uploaded the latest version to your server, and then copied your code to this new installation, it works fine in chrome. You can test the link I sent to you via email.
    Keep us known.

Regards,
    Eric
  •  07-21-2010, 12:48 AM 62641 in reply to 62630

Thanks Eric, that seems to have done the trick.

However, because I've made some extensive changes to my current version, what files can I copy over from the version your provided that would remedy the issue I was having? Or simply put, do I have to replace ALL the files and overwrite all my current files?

Also, what did you ultimately change/update to remedy this problem?

Thanks
  •  07-21-2010, 8:02 AM 62650 in reply to 62641

I did not update any file, my steps are as follows:
    1. Uploaded the latest version to your server(download link: http://cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/cute-editor-php/entry54374.aspx)
    2. Copied your example to this new installation
    3. Tested your example and found it works fine
    Please check whether your customization leads to this issue, you can find your original v6.5 installation package, and have a fresh installation, and then copy the example to this new installation, check whether it works, if it works fine, it represents your own customization leads to this issue.

Another simper solution:
    1. Install  the latest version (download link: http://cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/cute-editor-php/entry54374.aspx)
    2. Check which cusomization you have made, if you are using version management tool such as svn, visual source safe, or other vcs, you can compare your current version with the v6.5 which is the initial version of CuteEditor.
    3. Migrate your changes to this latest version.

Regards,
    Eric
View as RSS news feed in XML