Cute Editor kees adding unwanted line returns

Last post 07-15-2009, 9:11 AM by mm201. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-14-2009, 3:58 PM 53981

Cute Editor kees adding unwanted line returns

I'm using the Cute Editor for a forum system where plain text and HTML formatted text must happily coexist. To make this work, I enclose every post in <pre style="whitespace: pre-wrap"> tags.

Now, whenever a post containing <br /> tags is displayed and I switch from Normal to HTML view, a line return is added after every <br /> tag, causing everything to become double spaced!

Is there any way to disable this? I tried setting DisableAutoFormatting=True but it didn't change anything. It would be perfect if I could use native line returns for the BreakElement property, but unfortunately, that isn't an option.

I don't want to use BreakElement=Div because it makes the code hard to read.

It seems more generally, that no matter what, when <br /> tags appear within pre-formatted elements, this double spacing phenomenon occurs.
  •  07-15-2009, 1:55 AM 53987 in reply to 53981

Re: Cute Editor kees adding unwanted line returns

Hi mm201,

Can you rerpoduce this issue on the online demo?

Demo:

If so, please post your steps here.

Regards,

ken
  •  07-15-2009, 9:11 AM 53999 in reply to 53987

Re: Cute Editor kees adding unwanted line returns

Oh, easily.

1. Click HTML view.
    2. Type: <pre>Line 1<br />Line 2<br />Line 3<br />Line 4</pre>
    3. Go back to Normal view.
    4. Back to HTML view. Notice how everything is on separate lines now.
    5. Back to Normal view. Doublespaced.

Edit: I've found a workaround by disabling the HTML view completely and re-implementing it myself using a plain old asp:textbox and some controls to switch between. Clumsy fix disabling part of the program, but it does everything I want it to, and the code I get doesn't have the unwanted line returns.
View as RSS news feed in XML